Groups

Can anyone recommend some decent cigars ?

Wanting to buy some cigars for a present but havent got a clue which ones , ive looked online and didnt realise there was so many to choose from and how expensive some are ! got a budget of £30 and would like to get at least 5 cigars .

12 Comments

if you want good cigars then £30 will get you 1 or 2 at the most

This will depend a lot on the smoker, as with all things you do get what you pay for, and there are many different strengths to consider. If the smoker is a regular cigar smoker they will probabally have their own favorite, if not I would suggest Montecristo or Romeo y Julieta. These sell individually for between £8-£18, but you should be able to find a 5 pack of smaller ones for your budget. Maybe a longshot but airports are much cheaper, if you know anyone travelling before Christmas.
    Personally I have also tried H.Upman, Cohiba (very strong), Bolivar, which are popular and easily available brands.

My best advice after this would be to buy 2/3 of the biggest montecristo you can afford, I would appreciate that.

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice, he,s not a smoker and doesnt smoke cigars regularly but commented how he enjoys a cigar now and then , ie xmas etc, and its something he wouldnt buy for himself so as i cant think of anything else to get him for xmas i thought this would be a good idea, just didnt realise it would be so hard to choose and how expensive they are !

I have a box of Cuban Cohiba's if you fancy well got loads to be honest. Also Monti No 4's

RufusRabbit

This will depend a lot on the smoker, as with all things you do get what … This will depend a lot on the smoker, as with all things you do get what you pay for, and there are many different strengths to consider. If the smoker is a regular cigar smoker they will probabally have their own favorite, if not I would suggest Montecristo or Romeo y Julieta. These sell individually for between £8-£18, but you should be able to find a 5 pack of smaller ones for your budget. Maybe a longshot but airports are much cheaper, if you know anyone travelling before Christmas.Personally I have also tried H.Upman, Cohiba (very strong), Bolivar, which are popular and easily available brands.My best advice after this would be to buy 2/3 of the biggest montecristo you can afford, I would appreciate that.

sorry, my answer was a little negative. this is good advice

Banned

rolled on the thighs of a virgin.

I had a good bum cigar this morning..

Original Poster

BPD

I have a box of Cuban Cohiba's if you fancy well got loads to be … I have a box of Cuban Cohiba's if you fancy well got loads to be honest. Also Monti No 4's:D

How many in a box and how much please ? and which of the two would you say are the best and would be best as a pressie ? , cheers

Banned

vibeone

rolled on the thighs of a virgin.

There's a job for you then.

If he doesn't regularly smoke cigars Cohibas are quite strong, I would choose the Montecristos every day

King Edward cigars are a nice gentle smoke - about £15 for 5

Banned

FilthAndFurry

There's a job for you then.

Touche :P
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …127300
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764521
      3. Cat Chat73708
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2530

See more discussions