Can anyone recommend white PC tower that isn’t to big please.

Found 10th Jun
Currently using a Antec 300 mid case but want something smaller and nicer looking and in white preferably. Cheers
Community Updates
AskPC
6 Comments
cmdr_elito9 m ago

Good …Good option:scan.co.uk/products/nzxt-source-340-compact-white-mid-tower-case-with-side-window-and-2x-120mm-quiet-fansCheck sizeAnother option:https://www.scan.co.uk/products/game-max-silent-gaming-pc-computer-chassis-2x-usb-30-2x-fan-controllers-sd-card-reader-water-cooling

They're both marginally bigger than the current Antec 300.

@rollercoaster63 Which dimension is more important to you? Do you want the biggest reduction in width, depth or height?

What components does it need to take? Obviously if you're putting large components in it then there's going to be a limit to how small it can be. ATX Motherboard and ATX PSU? Or will you be using it for a new build with minimal component limitations
EndlessWaves14 h, 29 m ago

They're both marginally bigger than the current Antec 300.@rollercoaster63 …They're both marginally bigger than the current Antec 300.@rollercoaster63 Which dimension is more important to you? Do you want the biggest reduction in width, depth or height?What components does it need to take? Obviously if you're putting large components in it then there's going to be a limit to how small it can be. ATX Motherboard and ATX PSU? Or will you be using it for a new build with minimal component limitations

I currently have an AMD 1100t cpu with atx mobo and psu. I wanting to build a new system as it was first built in 2011. I will probably keep my GTX 970 as I’m happy with 1080p gaming. I do like the look of some mini itx cases but I would imagine it would cost a fortune to build system in one.
rollercoaster636 h, 14 m ago

I do like the look of some mini itx cases but I would imagine it would …I do like the look of some mini itx cases but I would imagine it would cost a fortune to build system in one.

Not really. I have one myself and I probably paid £20 more for the motherboard and £5-10 more for the PSU than I would have for a Micro ATX case.

By far the biggest cost was the case itself, and that's because I wanted the smallest possible case. That meant a small production run and a £170 price tag as most of the usual suspects are bigger to tempt a wider range of customers.

The main thing with Mini-ITX at the moment is that very large cases are in fashion to accommodate closed loop coolers etc., so a lot of the 'mini-ITX' cases are two or three times the size they would have been ten years ago - and no smaller than any other medium tower.

What about something like a Silverstone RVZ03W? That's a decent slim tower case.
EndlessWaves51 m ago

Not really. I have one myself and I probably paid £20 more for the …Not really. I have one myself and I probably paid £20 more for the motherboard and £5-10 more for the PSU than I would have for a Micro ATX case.By far the biggest cost was the case itself, and that's because I wanted the smallest possible case. That meant a small production run and a £170 price tag as most of the usual suspects are bigger to tempt a wider range of customers. The main thing with Mini-ITX at the moment is that very large cases are in fashion to accommodate closed loop coolers etc., so a lot of the 'mini-ITX' cases are two or three times the size they would have been ten years ago - and no smaller than any other medium tower.What about something like a Silverstone RVZ03W? That's a decent slim tower case.

Yeah that looks like a smart case. Can you recommend any medium cases if they are not much bigger then current mini-ITX cases also? Do you also have any recommendations for a mobo, ram and cpu that is a decent upgrade from an 1100t. Thanks for your advice
What sort of shape are you after? If you want to keep it short and aren't too bothered about width then possibly something like a Raijintek Styx Classic would give you the extra three expansion slots. (there's also a non-classic version with a Window if you're into bling).

CPU-wise, I find hardware.fr's testing to be pretty useful
hardware.fr/art…tml

I don't know what you'd consider a decent upgrade, but at the arbitrary double performance mark in their game tests sits the slower six cores (Ryzen 1600X/i5-8000) and faster quad cores (8350K, 7600).

Ram is the same as usual, the fastest speed that's available for not much more than the cheapest price.

Motherboard will depend on what features and ports you're going to use.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants