Groups

Can anyone repair a broken fuse on a DS lite please help!!

I'm trying to fix a repair that I have done ( replaced bottom LCD) I just don't know how to get the ribbon cable in the slot( Hope this makes sense) Pic in next post ( Not My photo) will this top the ds from working? Coz I tryed the ds and when on charge the screen don't come on and 2 orange lights appear

27 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.pwn3d.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/narrow-ribbon-unlatch_20.jpg

your pic not working/ it is now
    go on youe tube there are loads of video's on there on how to replace it

Original Poster

wickedteen;4627378

your pic not working/ it is nowgo on youe tube there are loads of video's … your pic not working/ it is nowgo on youe tube there are loads of video's on there on how to replace it

I have looked but can't seem to find one, didn't realise it would be this tricky:thinking: really don't want to have to buy another ds

when you lift the tiny handle up the cable slides underneath the block, then push the handle down to lock

Original Poster

wickedteen;4627436

when you lift the tiny handle up the cable slides underneath the block, … when you lift the tiny handle up the cable slides underneath the block, then push the handle down to lock

hmmm can't see a tiny handle maybe I have broken it:roll:

As shown in your picture there is a black plastic bar (highlighted in yellow) holding the ribbon in, simply put a fingernail under the bar and pull upwards. Did you not release this to take the ribbon out?

if you have broke it, it should stay in there just be careful when you put it back together

Original Poster

looks like I have snapped it, how do I put it in then without it? do I jus put it on the gold lines? is it just for the touch screen?

it goes underneath the gold lines, i would put a bit of blue tack under the wire to the board to hold it in place, that should work

Original Poster

wickedteen;4627550

it goes underneath the gold lines, i would put a bit of blue tack under … it goes underneath the gold lines, i would put a bit of blue tack under the wire to the board to hold it in place, that should work

surely that wouldn't stop my ds from turning on though?

what do you mean, lost me know!

Original Poster

I have put it together and none of the screens turn on

oh dear not good then

Original Poster

wickedteen;4627837

oh dear not good then

looks like I will have to buy another DS

Is it fully charged? Id give it another shot. As in taking it back out and slotting it in again,. I dont this with my ds and it worked fine, Only think is you need to be very careful and have a steady hand for it.

if its knackered, how much do you want for it

Original Poster

Faiza;4627918

Is it fully charged? Id give it another shot. As in taking it back out … Is it fully charged? Id give it another shot. As in taking it back out and slotting it in again,. I dont this with my ds and it worked fine, Only think is you need to be very careful and have a steady hand for it.

nope its not fully charged, I don't have steady hands :thinking::oops:

Original Poster

wickedteen;4627960

if its knackered, how much do you want for it

will just pay to get it repaired I suppose

Original Poster

Faiza;4627918

Is it fully charged? Id give it another shot. As in taking it back out … Is it fully charged? Id give it another shot. As in taking it back out and slotting it in again,. I dont this with my ds and it worked fine, Only think is you need to be very careful and have a steady hand for it.

when on charge I turn my DS on and then the top screen just flickers then goes off:thinking:

Original Poster

I have managed to get the DS on but the bottom screen has lines goin through

Original Poster

well I tryed turning the ds on and its not charging, I have read up on it and I think I have blown the fuse,and I need to Bridge the fuses, problem is I don't have a solderin iron to do the repair does anyone know any other ways of getting round it?

I wouldnt do anything to it now. Try and take it to someone who can repair it fully. You dont wanna do any more damage to it.

Original Poster

Faiza;4662093

I wouldnt do anything to it now. Try and take it to someone who can … I wouldnt do anything to it now. Try and take it to someone who can repair it fully. You dont wanna do any more damage to it.

hmm I don't know anyone :oops: anyone on here do ds repairs?

Original Poster

anyone know if this will work , ebay item number 190281088022

Original Poster

I tryed my old screen and it works !! so its the new lcd screen that is broken!

Could prob get a new lcd screen from ebay cheap and try repairing it again!!

Original Poster

Faiza;4669249

Could prob get a new lcd screen from ebay cheap and try repairing it … Could prob get a new lcd screen from ebay cheap and try repairing it again!!

I will . I got the "new" lcd from deal extreme for £6 should of known better I suppose! rep left for help
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!22
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553771
      3. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value48
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423914467

See more discussions