Can anyone share how to get the best deal out of sky?

Found 12th Dec 2017
*First of all sorry if this has been asked before..*
I am currently at that stage where I have a month left of Sky and I just wanted to know how to haggle to get a good deal to keep Sky TV etc going.

I currently have Sky Box sets, unlimited internet and unlimited calls for £32 per month. I don't know what to ask or how to ask for same or better deals? Is there any similar offers going? Plus is what I have good value for money?

Thank you

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
15 Comments

Long thread here hotukdeals.com/dis…174

Seems about 60% the full price is the best that's going at this time . The 75% off I got in September seems to be unattainable now .

Original Poster

rogparki12 m ago

Long thread here …Long thread here https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/75-off-sky-tv-for-existing-customers-only-works-when-you-call-the-specific-number-3-weeks-after-putting-your-request-to-cancel-or-save-approx-140-via-your-sky-remote-scroll-down-1741671?page=174#comment-32707856Seems about 60% the full price is the best that's going at this time . The 75% off I got in September seems to be unattainable now .

Thank you - I tried looking but didnt find one

emilhar56 m ago

Thank you - I tried looking but didnt find one

Go on the SKY site ,select "I wish to cancel my Sky subscription" and it leads you to "on line chat " . They will offer you a discount there and then . Always refuse their first offer , and hopefully it will improve during the cancellation period .

Read the latest comments on the post and it will give you an idea of what folks are being offered and when .

Have fun haggling to me its become a pain now

Original Poster

rogparki3 m ago

Go on the SKY site ,select "I wish to cancel my Sky subscription" and it …Go on the SKY site ,select "I wish to cancel my Sky subscription" and it leads you to "on line chat " . They will offer you a discount there and then . Always refuse their first offer , and hopefully it will improve during the cancellation period .Read the latest comments on the post and it will give you an idea of what folks are being offered and when .Have fun haggling to me its become a pain now

Haha I have tried twice today and they wont budge from £55 for 1Tb box with sky boxsets, unlimted broadband and call

emilhar55 m ago

Haha I have tried twice today and they wont budge from £55 for 1Tb box …Haha I have tried twice today and they wont budge from £55 for 1Tb box with sky boxsets, unlimted broadband and call

That's a reasonable starting point . Should get better once you put in your cancellation . You then have 30 days to haggle a better deal before you are switched off .

Cancel it and wait until last moment, then go on live chat to see what they offer.

Original Poster

LEXIE552 h, 56 m ago

Cancel it and wait until last moment, then go on live chat to see what …Cancel it and wait until last moment, then go on live chat to see what they offer.

They gave me the offer of extending the same offer for another 18 months, not sure if I should just take that or not?

Just cancel and go through with it. I changed my mind and renewed after they called me reduced from £42 to £32 keeping the same package (no sports or movies) sky q with a mini box in bedroom plus no stupid admin fee and no contract just give 30 days notice.

Generally you won't get the best deal until you have got a new supplier booked to install i.e virgin media or BT. If you take your home number with you, your new supplier contacts sky to get the number then sky's retentions will offer you the best deal and likewise for Virgin media. Always be prepared to leave though. You have a cooling off period if you decide to stay with sky. But in all honesty, loyalty means nothing to these companies. New customers is all they are interested in.
I was a Virgin media customer for well over 10 years but in the end they kept putting the prices up and were not interested in keeping a loyal customer by giving me their new TiVo V6 box for anything less than £140 plus installation so now I'm with Sky and loving their Sky Q box, but their broadband is slower than death so come the end of next summer, I'll be heading back to Virgin media as nothing beats their broadband.
Good luck

Original Poster

GrumpyJo33 m ago

Generally you won't get the best deal until you have got a new supplier …Generally you won't get the best deal until you have got a new supplier booked to install i.e virgin media or BT. If you take your home number with you, your new supplier contacts sky to get the number then sky's retentions will offer you the best deal and likewise for Virgin media. Always be prepared to leave though. You have a cooling off period if you decide to stay with sky. But in all honesty, loyalty means nothing to these companies. New customers is all they are interested in.I was a Virgin media customer for well over 10 years but in the end they kept putting the prices up and were not interested in keeping a loyal customer by giving me their new TiVo V6 box for anything less than £140 plus installation so now I'm with Sky and loving their Sky Q box, but their broadband is slower than death so come the end of next summer, I'll be heading back to Virgin media as nothing beats their broadband.Good luck

Hmm.. I can def see that these guys are not interested in existing customers! I would love to get virgin but it is still not available in my area. Sky broadband sometimes is worse than a tortoise! I dont know whether their fibre connection is better

Original Poster

richje1001 h, 17 m ago

Just cancel and go through with it. I changed my mind and renewed after …Just cancel and go through with it. I changed my mind and renewed after they called me reduced from £42 to £32 keeping the same package (no sports or movies) sky q with a mini box in bedroom plus no stupid admin fee and no contract just give 30 days notice.

I am going to have a go at really cancelling and see if they can come up with anything good! Thanks

Original Poster

Thank you for everyones replies

Good luck

emilhar521 h, 6 m ago

Hmm.. I can def see that these guys are not interested in existing …Hmm.. I can def see that these guys are not interested in existing customers! I would love to get virgin but it is still not available in my area. Sky broadband sometimes is worse than a tortoise! I dont know whether their fibre connection is better

When I moved from virgin I was told I would get 40mb broadband which was a fair drop from the 150mb I was getting from VM. Even the BT engineer said I had a strong line and was getting 40mb on his readings and I did, for like the first 3 days, since then it's lucky if I get 26mb on a good day.
Initially I figured 40mb would be sufficient for our needs ; family of 4 with 2 young kids of 5 & 7 year old and not heavy internet users but like to stream 4K content from Amazon & Netflix so 40mb would be sufficient... or so I thought.
Half the time I try to stream 4K content the picture is terrible, all pixelated and unwatchable as the broadband is too slow to cope. Oddly, the only time it's perfect is if I download a UHD Boxset on Sky Q !
So there is the trade-off. VM broadband is constantly stable but the superhub WiFi is shockingly poor despite their claims whereas sky broadband is just slow and fluctuates in stability but WiFi reception is much better as their sky Q mini boxes act as WiFi boosters.
If you do cancel and hold out for a good deal, I hope you get one, if not try not to sign up for a long term contract incase you aren't happy and want to go back.
I signed up to sky for 18 months but really want to go back to VM for broadband only.
I much prefer Sky Q over TiVo but need better broadband. Alas, I have to wait to switch back.

Original Poster

GrumpyJo3 h, 28 m ago

When I moved from virgin I was told I would get 40mb broadband which was a …When I moved from virgin I was told I would get 40mb broadband which was a fair drop from the 150mb I was getting from VM. Even the BT engineer said I had a strong line and was getting 40mb on his readings and I did, for like the first 3 days, since then it's lucky if I get 26mb on a good day.Initially I figured 40mb would be sufficient for our needs ; family of 4 with 2 young kids of 5 & 7 year old and not heavy internet users but like to stream 4K content from Amazon & Netflix so 40mb would be sufficient... or so I thought.Half the time I try to stream 4K content the picture is terrible, all pixelated and unwatchable as the broadband is too slow to cope. Oddly, the only time it's perfect is if I download a UHD Boxset on Sky Q !So there is the trade-off. VM broadband is constantly stable but the superhub WiFi is shockingly poor despite their claims whereas sky broadband is just slow and fluctuates in stability but WiFi reception is much better as their sky Q mini boxes act as WiFi boosters.If you do cancel and hold out for a good deal, I hope you get one, if not try not to sign up for a long term contract incase you aren't happy and want to go back.I signed up to sky for 18 months but really want to go back to VM for broadband only. I much prefer Sky Q over TiVo but need better broadband. Alas, I have to wait to switch back.

Looks like VM isnt exactly as described! It is so hard nowadays to find a company that provides reliable and good service - everyone just wants your money!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants