Groups

Can anyone solve this Maths question please !

Three friends went to buy a Television which is priced 30pounds.

So each one contributed 10 pounds which made up the total 30 pounds.

But when the salesman enquired to the manager about the sales he said that T.V is having a 5 pound off, so the salesman wanted a share of the discount he informed the friends about 5pound off and he gave each friends 1pound back and said he wants to keep the 2 pounds, which made up the 5pound off.

But when u calculate 3 X 9 = 27 pounds and the sales man kept 2 pounds so it is 29pounds where is the 1 pound gone?

13 Comments

The price was reduced to £25 but the salesman added £2 which he took, therefore they paid £27 for the TV, which is £9 each.

tv down to £25 - gave each friend back £1 each ( £3) and kept the £2 for himself

this is mis-adding, the £27 pounds is £25 for the tv plus the £2 the salesman kept, there is no missing £1!!!!

ive heard a riddle like this before

there isnt a missing pound. if you think on it they have paid £25 between them, so there is still five pounds to get back, so they all got £1 back and then the salesman kept the other two its just a trick question

its all in the wording! Good old one, remember my maths teacher giving us this at school

its was taken by quidco for the admin fee charge

voted cold :P

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;3422110

its was taken by quidco for the admin fee charge

This might be true lol.

"the salesman wanted a share of the discount he informed the friends about 5pound off and he gave each friends 1pound back and said he wants to keep the 2 pounds"

Cheeky git, I'd have asked him for the other £5 back too.

trick question, they paid £25 + £2

The tv is £25, why you'd add the £2 to the £27 rather than take it off is beyond me?

Original Poster

Benjimoron;3425338

The tv is £25, why you'd add the £2 to the £27 rather than take it off is … The tv is £25, why you'd add the £2 to the £27 rather than take it off is beyond me?

The total cost is 9 X 3 =27pound, then salesman kept 2 pound this is also expense so u add up.

scorpiostar;3429719

The total cost is 9 X 3 =27pound, then salesman kept 2 pound this is also … The total cost is 9 X 3 =27pound, then salesman kept 2 pound this is also expense so u add up.

He kept £2 of the £5 discount, not £2 of their money!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Boxes for moving house?34
      2. Speccing a gaming pc36
      3. Kitchen tap replacement22
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please34

See more discussions