Can anyone suggest a flower for this colour........

15 replies
Found 27th Aug 2009
Can anyone suggest a list of flowers than will match this colour:

i261.photobucket.com/alb…jpg

It needs to be a cut flower as will be for a display and needs to last a minimum of fours day. Can incldues another colour

Thanks in advance guys!!

15 Comments

what for, wedding?

Original Poster

no - am decorating a sales office for a show and want the flowers to match our logo

I can't get you any images as i'm at work but Asters have very vibrant colours and last for ages, lillies come in pinks and creams, and both are pretty common this time of year.

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3839/4823h.th.jpg

tulips?

Gladioli
Dahlias
Chrysants
all come in a huge range of colours inc that purple and are in season. Soften with blue Eucalytus leaf sprays.

flag iris
aster
purple freesias
purple crysathanamums
dalias
Echinacea
gladioli
hyacinth
phlox
rose blue moon
rose rhapsody in blue

also gerberas

Original Poster

thanks for you suggestions - i am thinking of having birds of paradise around the edges and then something smaller on the tables - what do you think would work best? im thinking the tulips at the moment..........will they be in season in Jan?

have a look ]here it might help with the colour selection

tanzc69;6132559

thanks for you suggestions - i am thinking of having birds of paradise … thanks for you suggestions - i am thinking of having birds of paradise around the edges and then something smaller on the tables - what do you think would work best? im thinking the tulips at the moment..........will they be in season in Jan?

lol January ??? :roll: most flowers start to bloom in spring so you are going to pay over the odds for flowers in January and you might be limited.

it depends on what sort of venue but if you were near a flower market then you can get cheap single of orchids and cut of each single flower with enough stem left to fit in oasis and makes a nicetable arrangement you can add floristry ribbon or stiff wired ribbons to add to effect and greenery cheap alternatives eith trad or modern
first pop to yr local book store take photos on yr mob to save expense on buying the book or yr local library for ideas look under arts and crafts
Good Luck
regards
chrissie:thumbsup:

Original Poster

dont really have a choice! cant change my event to fit when flowers want to bloom! ha ha

tanzc69;6132638

dont really have a choice! cant change my event to fit when flowers want … dont really have a choice! cant change my event to fit when flowers want to bloom! ha ha

do they have to be real ones?

Original Poster

oh definately - cant be doing with fakeys!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769374
    2. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 191 ***1327
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247620
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3280

See more discussions