EXPIRED

can anyone suggest ps3 game like COD but with no swearing

sounds daft not to mind kids shooting hell out of people but is there a game where the "f" word and mutha******* etc is not used tried cod ,tom clancy etc hope someone can help they love my red dead redemptioni dint mind until i heard c@#~ su%^*#

MUTE THE TV!
- Wotwot123

21 Comments

Those games are deemed appropriate for swearing, as anybody shooting someone is deemed old enough to hear general potty talk.

Good luck though.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/9/2010/11/caa3a543f5267468ccaebd1b4b89f899/340x.gif

natversion1

Exactly. Red Dead is an 18 rated game for a reason, what did you expect?

Banned

I sort of agree as they are rated 18 but the games are marketed at kids/teenagers & pier pressure in schools with the kids having the latest games only results in the perents trying to do the right thing & limit their childrens intake while still giving them what they want.

It's a bit like the UK alco-pop problem

http://www.applegazette.com/wp-content/uploads/battle-bears-2.jpg

Banned

Just why do we have ratings on games when parents like this just ignore them lol
Edited by: "csiman" 5th Nov 2010

In the UK video games that depict "gross violence", "sexual activity" or "techniques likely to be useful in the commission of offences" must be classified under the British Board of Film Classification's (BBFC) film rating system under the Video Recordings Act of 1984. The Act provides that it is an offence to supply such a game to anyone below the age limit, punishable by a fine of up to £5000 or up to six months in prison.

Banned

It's just like find me a FIFA game without andy grey recently

Epic
Fail

Mute?

Lego Star Wars. Much more appropriate for kids then realistic violence. Plenty of time for those sort of games when they are older. Be a good role model and don't let them play 18 rated games

stewby

Be a good role model and don't let them play 18 rated games

Are they mutually exclusive?

My daughter loved red dead, (traded it in) I would let her ride around the desert on the horses, riding on the train, but I told her never use the gun, stay away from the towns and don't talk to strangers. It's a shame red dead didn't have a built in age control, on/off swear button and a on/off weapons button. To be honest all she really wanted to do was to ride on the different horse and go exploring, the landscape is stunning.

From Peter Kays Bolton Town Hall - "Get On The Floor You Sponge!"
"Open The Safe You Melon" doesn't really have the right effect.

solarforce

My daughter loved red dead, (traded it in) I would let her ride around … My daughter loved red dead, (traded it in) I would let her ride around the desert on the horses, riding on the train, but I told her never use the gun, stay away from the towns and don't talk to strangers. It's a shame red dead didn't have a built in age control, on/off swear button and a on/off weapons button. To be honest all she really wanted to do was to ride on the different horse and go exploring, the landscape is stunning.

Yep, there was an article about it on Kotaku not too long ago.

I used to let my little bro who was 5 at the time play on GTA on the PS2, and he NEVER killed anyone unless he ran them over by accident, just used to drive around in cars he found and walk about etc.

Kinda weird how kids see the game differently to us.

To OP: Just mute the TV, sorted.
Edited by: "Wotwot123" 5th Nov 2010

solarforce

My daughter loved red dead, (traded it in) I would let her ride around … My daughter loved red dead, (traded it in) I would let her ride around the desert on the horses, riding on the train, but I told her never use the gun, stay away from the towns and don't talk to strangers. It's a shame red dead didn't have a built in age control, on/off swear button and a on/off weapons button. To be honest all she really wanted to do was to ride on the different horse and go exploring, the landscape is stunning.

That's really cute. How old is she?

Just play CoD and mute the other players online? Simples?

Single player has a few swearies, but pfft.

If a kid is playing a game where they shoot/stab people, shouldn't a bit of swearing be the least of your worries?

firth_face

That's really cute. How old is she?

Original Poster

cheers i might try this one and for me also;)

chelskii

The OPs question isn't really stupid, there are games out there with … The OPs question isn't really stupid, there are games out there with Violence and Swear filter options to turn it off and on and one of the most violent games Gears of war 2 has this option.They Substitute blood for sparks and remove all bad language.with a type of smiley thingyGEARS2 NO SWEARING OR BLOODNow I know this is on the xbox 360 but it shows there might also be some games on the PS3 with this option to.Haven't tried it myself but will give it a go later to see if it works.

kareandy

cheers i might try this one and for me also;)

The fact still remains that these are guns and they are shooting people (sparks and smileys or not)
What is wrong with games that are specifically age suited. the kid will have plenty of time to play 18+ rated games later in life!

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. How dangerous is Donald trump?1747
  2. Any PS4 News Here29213609
  3. Sad news about Barcelona2188
  4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6521244

See more discussions