Groups

Can anyone tell me how many Weight Watchers Points I'm allowed?

Bit of a Strange one I know!

My Stats are:

Sex: Male
    Weight: (KG 84.5 or 186lbs or 13.3 Stone)
    Height: 6ft 2in

Exercise: moderate

I have the books but how do you calculate your points?

15 Comments

Original Poster

Oh yeah and don't laugh!

I'm doing the London Marathon and want to get down to at least 12 stone. The less baggage I carry the eaiser right?!

Banned

You are not allowed to eat if you need to lose weight

Are u following the old WW or the new one? I can work out ur points for the old one but not the silly one they have started this year.

Doesn't sound like you're that overweight going by the info.

Give the likes of WW a miss and eat less fatty foods and carbs, drink less beer/wine - thereby saving yourself lots of money.

Joking apart if you are doing the London Marathon you should be in training anyway, so you will need a diet specific for that, you stick to that wieght watchers thing and you will keel over after the first 5 miles.

That weight watchers points thing is for people..how do I put this...who want to fit into their old jeans?? And don't approach excercise in the same way..and eat too many cream cakes.

Get a training routine going, get some good carbs down you and less junk and you should lose your bulk easily.

Fair play for having a go at the marathon, I consider myself to be reasonably fit but haven't got the bottle to even attempt the LM.

Why are you doing it? Charity?

Edited by: "Celticsun" 10th Feb 2011

If it's WW you want to do I think you'll be around 42-43 pro-points per day. I do a bit of nutrition for part of my job and we had to do a thesis on the new WW diet. For someone who is 5ft 10, 83kg and 32 it was 39 points so you will be slightly higher.

I'm sure when I was googling around for info I found a website that showed how many points you could have, can't think of it at the moment, and if you check minimins.com I think their WW forums may give you more info.

Its best to buy a points calculator. Easiest way.
    However this website may also help with points:

ukladyluck1.piczo.com/val…044

Here is the formula to use without calculator:

Look at the food item's packaging or lable for nutrional values. Divide the calories by 50
    Divide the total fat grams by 12.
    Add the values from Steps One and Two to get the value of "X."
    Divide the dietary fiber grams by 5 to equal "Y."
    Take "X minus Y" to find the point value of the food item. Round up values higher than .5 and round down for values lower than .5.

Original Poster

I'm trying to work out my diet because i know It's going to be hard I've never done a marathon! I was only going to use WW because I was interested to see how that compared (left me with loads of points or not)

Yeah i'm eating pasta and porridge to keep my energy up and i'm running 20 - 30 miles a week at the moment (I'm behind in training but i'd had a problem with my knee).

Yeah it's for charity! I've gotta raise £1750 which is not going to easy so i've stupidle changed my fundraising to a 110 mile challenge. which will include

06/03/2011 - Silverstone Half Marathon
    27/03/2011 - Liverpool Half Marathon
    17/04/2011 - London Marathon
    15/05/2011 - Great Manchester 10K
    12/06/2011 - Liverpool Mersey 10K
    18/09/2011 - Great North Run - TBC
    02/10/2011 - ASICS - Southport 10K
    09/10/2011 - Liverpool Marathon

Is anyone else doing these runs?

TheOvenglove

I'm trying to work out my diet because i know It's going to be hard I've … I'm trying to work out my diet because i know It's going to be hard I've never done a marathon! I was only going to use WW because I was interested to see how that compared (left me with loads of points or not)Yeah i'm eating pasta and porridge to keep my energy up and i'm running 20 - 30 miles a week at the moment (I'm behind in training but i'd had a problem with my knee).Yeah it's for charity! I've gotta raise £1750 which is not going to easy so i've stupidle changed my fundraising to a 110 mile challenge. which will include06/03/2011 - Silverstone Half Marathon27/03/2011 - Liverpool Half Marathon17/04/2011 - London Marathon15/05/2011 - Great Manchester 10K 12/06/2011 - Liverpool Mersey 10K18/09/2011 - Great North Run - TBC02/10/2011 - ASICS - Southport 10K09/10/2011 - Liverpool MarathonIs anyone else doing these runs?

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u need a diet which will build up muscle etc....WW isnt the right one for u. cant u see a Personal trainer at the gym or something so they can gear ur body up to eating the right stuff?

I was actually looking to do both Liverpool Ones, but cant do the June one so going to do the October one instead.

Original Poster

"u need a diet which will build up muscle etc....WW isnt the right one for u. cant u see a Personal trainer at the gym or something so they can gear ur body up to eating the right stuff?"

I don't goto the gym. I hate them, I just run in the streets and parks. I'm also a bit of a scooge so don't really want to pay out for somebody to tell me what to eat! Although I know with the amount of running i've got planned, I need to take things seriously! especially putting the salts vitimins etc back into my body. How much are these people to go and see? I presume it's going to be £100. It's already cost me nearly a grand to do these runs (entry fee's, hotel room, travel,new shoesa) it adds up really quickly.

Emma if you Liverpool / Local postcode it;s well worth doing.. It;s a hell of a way though. I don;t know London so it's doesn't seem that bad but when you look at the map of the Liverpool on it;s massive in a scary way!!

You should be asking your doctor for dietary advice. As has been said WW is for weight loss, not preparation for marathons. The people on WW don't even run 20 - 30 metres a week, let alone miles.

If you really are doing that sort of amount of running you need to eat for energy not for weight loss,WW is the completely wrong thing and you will end up screwing yourself up and making yourself ill eating their crap

Just do some internet research,not difficult

TheOvenglove

"u need a diet which will build up muscle etc....WW isnt the right one … "u need a diet which will build up muscle etc....WW isnt the right one for u. cant u see a Personal trainer at the gym or something so they can gear ur body up to eating the right stuff?"I don't goto the gym. I hate them, I just run in the streets and parks. I'm also a bit of a scooge so don't really want to pay out for somebody to tell me what to eat! Although I know with the amount of running i've got planned, I need to take things seriously! especially putting the salts vitimins etc back into my body. How much are these people to go and see? I presume it's going to be £100. It's already cost me nearly a grand to do these runs (entry fee's, hotel room, travel,new shoesa) it adds up really quickly.Emma if you Liverpool / Local postcode it;s well worth doing.. It;s a hell of a way though. I don;t know London so it's doesn't seem that bad but when you look at the map of the Liverpool on it;s massive in a scary way!!

hmmm.,..yeah its not cheap...like the others have said why dont u try looking online for diets etc...

good luck with it all, its really impressive u r doing all those marathins, stay away from WW though....will prob result in muscle loss.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767257
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826370
      3. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40214
      4. Quidco and new IPAD 'Prevent Cross-Site Tracking'11

See more discussions