Groups

Can anyone tell me if this is a full XP coa please?

Can anyone tell me if this is a full XP coa please, came with a PC I bought that I have now scrapped.
    Thanx

18 Comments

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

yes it is

Do you know if this is ok to sell now its not being used or is it machine specific? Thanx

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

i've had an orginal copy of xp that i've transfer to several machines so … i've had an orginal copy of xp that i've transfer to several machines so you should be ok to use it again

Ok thanx for your help mate, was going to sell it since its not used but wanted to check its the full version that can be used on any pc.

that xp coa will only work on the machine that the product key was installed on..
    simple terms, when you reg a product key on any machine there is a hash code generated (stored and saved to a microsoft server along with your product key so both must match) also your computer has a unique id that it uses too but i will not go into it, so basically you can wipe and reinstall xp with the same product key your started off with first and you will not have any problems.
    the hash + product key must match = legit.
    so if you enter this product key in another pc running the same os and try to reg it then it will not work.

stgeorge

So can this coa be sold if the PC has been scrapped & if I cant find the … So can this coa be sold if the PC has been scrapped & if I cant find the original disc?Thanx

Andyhunters post already explained that to you! No was his answer

Original Poster

dh058977

Andyhunters post already explained that to you! No was his answer

Wanted to be 100% but feel free to poke your nose in even though I wasnt asking you!

stgeorge

Wanted to be 100% but feel free to poke your nose in even though I wasnt … Wanted to be 100% but feel free to poke your nose in even though I wasnt asking you!

Its a forum mate, not poking my nose in anywhere! Free to comment thanks!

Original Poster

dh058977

Its a forum mate, not poking my nose in anywhere! Free to comment thanks!

No need to be rude though, could have just said.

stgeorge

No need to be rude though, could have just said.

Wasnt rude, or at least i dont think it was.

Original Poster

I was getting told different things & have been all day so just trying to work out if I should bin it or sell it. Someone is selling a used coa on ebay & its been left to run with lots of bids so I'm sure they can be reused if its the full version & not being used on a PC.

Retail = resell
    OEM = no.

the above looks like retail.

Original Poster

t0mm

Retail = resellOEM = no.the above looks like retail.

Thats what I thought, can you see the small icon under windows xp though on the coa?

not really

Original Poster

Surely ebay wouldnt let an auction run if it wasnt allowed & that was just the coa, I'll see if I can find the disc but I reckon if this is def retail I'm gonna sell it as most forums say this is ok.

Anyone know what the small hour glass type icon is under windows on the coa?

Original Poster

Thanx for you replies & help btw everyone.

hehe another load of ill informed non-sense concerning coa's and software, gives me a sat morn smile

Banned

maddogb

hehe another load of ill informed non-sense concerning coa's and … hehe another load of ill informed non-sense concerning coa's and software, gives me a sat morn smile

as opposed to the good advice you gave the op?

colinsunderland

as opposed to the good advice you gave the op?

so you would prefer people to talk crap than remain silent?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30122
      2. Spotify Family Premium share823
      3. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1616
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047171

See more discussions