Can anyone tell me if this TV will support HDR for Xbox One?

9 Comments
It does say it has hdr so it shoud work with the Xbox one x
Splice2 m ago

It does say it has hdr so it shoud work with the Xbox one x

receiveing and understanding a HDR signal and displaying it it are 2 different things.
Edited by: "paulj48" 18th Jan
It’s 8bit so not true HDR10. won’t be the actual benefits
Justsuperman7 m ago

It’s 8bit so not true HDR10. won’t be the actual benefits

How much are TV's that are true HDR10 then?
Wilsh8816 m ago

its not just a 10bit panel you need, you also need local dimming on an LCD screen.

Look for the wording HDR 'premium' although not all manufacturers use that term, probably looking at least £1000 for a 49" model.
Edited by: "paulj48" 18th Jan
paulj4815 m ago

its not just a 10bit panel you need, you also need local dimming on an LCD …its not just a 10bit panel you need, you also need local dimming on an LCD screen.Look for the wording HDR 'premium' although not all manufacturers use that term, probably looking at least £1000 for a 49" model.

Think ill quite happily stick with my £275 deal then lol.
Wilsh887 m ago

Think ill quite happily stick with my £275 deal then lol.

Horses for courses, if you want a decent HDR picture then HDR ‘premium’ is the way to go, HDR advertised on anything less is just a new buzzword andmarketing ploy for the uninformed.
Wilsh8840 m ago

Several million pounds at a rough estimate. No model on the market can can get anywhere close to reproducing the 10,000cd/m² brightness and Rec. 2020 colour range that HDR10 allows content creators to specify. That's the data the 10-bit range is used for, not the output of the LCD panel as in SDR.

In terms of what matters all HDR TVs are 10-bit these days, it's not a meaningful measurement. For good HDR performance you need to be looking at the brightness range (contrast) and colour volume.

The XD70 has identical contrast and colour space to a normal TV, so expect picture quality differences to be rather limited. The different way HDR specifies data does allow one or two tricks not possible normally even with identical hardware like this but at this sort of budget HDR should be a minor concern in your new TV purchase. It's certainly not worth buying into the tech right now if you're happy with your existing TV.
paulj4833 m ago

its not just a 10bit panel you need, you also need local dimming on an LCD …its not just a 10bit panel you need, you also need local dimming on an LCD screen.Look for the wording HDR 'premium' although not all manufacturers use that term, probably looking at least £1000 for a 49" model.

Forgot about that, I have an oled b6 so has infinite dimming zones.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants