Groups
    EXPIRED

Can anyone tell me this acronym of please a s n w t n t y c it is time related

Thank you

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    - ceres

34 Comments

The letters are wrong...

Original Poster

It is correct, there is a clue..... A image of a flower with a fern under it

Can you upload the picture?

How do you know it's time related ? Any chance of a pic of the clue ?

Original Poster

He doesn't have the picture here, but I will see if his wife will send it in, will get back in a bit with it
    there are about 70 questions and the theme is time for all of them

One question was
    s w i t a. With a clue of a radio answer was Steve Wright in the afternoon, so the above one might not be famous one

Thank you

Original Poster

Oh it's not an anagram, each letter is the beginning of a word in a sentence, they are in the correct order

This is driving me mad lol

AnnaMak, I don't think it is an anagram, more likely an acronym.

Original Poster

Another was

T s a t with 70 as the clue

Three scores and ten

AnnaMak

http://anagram-solver.net/a%20s%20n%20w%20t%20n%20t%20y%20cagree, letters … http://anagram-solver.net/a%20s%20n%20w%20t%20n%20t%20y%20cagree, letters not right.

Good thing they said it was an acronym, not anagram..

Ancient Semi-Natural Woodland might be the first four letters

t n t y - the next twenty years

All sing "now wait 'till next time you come".

I suspect the fern is significant but I can't think of many long fern-related phrases. I wonder if it's something similar (palm leaf etc.), or a pun.
    Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 17th Dec 2014

A starry/silent night was the night that you came - a Jesus thing - cos Christmas?

Fern might be a palm leaf but that fits better with Easter.

Someone else stuck doing the annual PG quiz !!!!

Beetlemama

A starry/silent night was the night that you came - a Jesus thing - cos … A starry/silent night was the night that you came - a Jesus thing - cos Christmas?Fern might be a palm leaf but that fits better with Easter.

yep like this answer

PG quiz?

Beetlemama

A starry/silent night was the night that you came - a Jesus thing - cos … A starry/silent night was the night that you came - a Jesus thing - cos Christmas?Fern might be a palm leaf but that fits better with Easter.

I wondered if it might relate to New Zealand? Something starting with "A strange new world" perhaps?

any update on this? it's been bugging me!

AnnaMak

http://anagram-solver.net/a%20s%20n%20w%20t%20n%20t%20y%20cagree, letters … http://anagram-solver.net/a%20s%20n%20w%20t%20n%20t%20y%20cagree, letters not right.

Its an acronym not an anagram.

I am stuck on this one as well - but the flower looks like a poppy to me - a WW1 theme maybe?

I'm also stuck on question 24 - ITAT. Any clues anyone?

Richard_English

I am stuck on this one as well - but the flower looks like a poppy to me … I am stuck on this one as well - but the flower looks like a poppy to me - a WW1 theme maybe?I'm also stuck on question 24 - ITAT. Any clues anyone?

Can you post a photo of the questions and associated images?

I am stuck on this one as well - but the flower looks like a poppy to me - a WW1 theme maybe?

I'm also stuck on question 24 - ITAT. Any clues anyone?

Ferris

Can you post a photo of the questions and associated images?

It probably won't help you. It's a blurred black and white image only 1cm x 1cm

Richard_English

It probably won't help you. It's a blurred black and white image only 1cm … It probably won't help you. It's a blurred black and white image only 1cm x 1cm

Even so, it might trigger some recognition. In fact, any chance you could take a photo of the whole quiz? I remember I did one like it at 6th form college, and I'd quite like to reminisce

You can find the entire newsletter here - westgrinsteadnews.co.uk/Cor…pdf - The quiz question subject to mention is on page 25

Richard_English

You can find the entire newsletter here - … You can find the entire newsletter here - http://www.westgrinsteadnews.co.uk/Core/WestGrinstead/UserFiles/Files/Newsletters/Winter%202014.pdf - The quiz question subject to mention is on page 25

It's trickier than I thought!

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn

Many thanks - that sounds about right. Thje WW1 relevance is the poppy. Now for the ITAT one...
    Edited by: "Richard_English" 30th Dec 2015

ITAT - In The Air Tonight

dtemple

ITAT - In The Air Tonight

I thought of that - but what is the relevance of the ape?

Ah. Now I looked up the history of the song I've found the answer to the ape reference.
    Edited by: "Richard_English" 30th Dec 2015

Richard_English

I thought of that - but what is the relevance of the ape?

A gorilla drummer played In The Air Tonight on an advert - youtube.com/wat…1VU
    Edited by: "tregs" 30th Dec 2015

It's the Phil Collins drum gorilla, Cadburys advert.

And, apparently, the music was used in a Tarzan film. So plenty of ape connections.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Why do people scam on Gumtree?11
      2. A mini break to Edinburgh - recommendations for recommendations/area etc!21
      3. Can I do anything with an old router ??11
      4. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?23

See more discussions