can anyone tell me what is best to have netflix or amazon prime

Found 12th Mar
was hoping amazon did the £59 offer but they havent many thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskEntertainment
27 Comments
Amazon have the £59 offer several times a year and a months free trial in the meantime.
Netflix also have a month's free trial but not seen any offers.
Edited by: "OBH6UK" 12th Mar
I've never received any groceries from Netflix despite my repeated complaints, I'll keep trying.
Netflix have better content, in my opinion, but Amazon offer more than just TV/Movies with Prime so it depends on whether you will make use of the whole Prime package, as has been said they both have a free months trial so my advice would be to test drive them both and decide for yourself.
Netflix has some really good stuff on. I pay for mine using iTunes. When iTunes vouchers are on offer I buy them so I save a little bit.
Netflix is worth paying for.
Netflix. Better content, better interface, and a company which isn't totally cancerous.
I have amazon prime. But alot of stuff you have to pay for to watch. But then again prime is alot more than just movirs. If you solely want for tv/movies id say netflix.
I have both. Can't really complain about content because both have ups and downs. Original content from both of them is generally crap.
Bigspin1 h, 30 m ago

I have both. Can't really complain about content because both have ups and …I have both. Can't really complain about content because both have ups and downs. Original content from both of them is generally crap.

I guess you’re not a Marvel fan.
Netflix does have better content than Amazon. However Amazon does have some weird in there too.
I have both and there is pros and cons to both platforms. However, the one biggest pro is that whatever content you can see on Netflix you can watch as part of your subscription. Prime isn't necessarily as easy to filter out the extra paid for content.

The bonus is that both of these offer monthly plans whereby you're not locked in for 12 months so just try then out and see which you prefer. Nobody on here can tell you which one you would prefer - it's very subjective.
Netflix, then NowTV, then amazon prime video is how I would rate them.
Oneday7715 m ago

I guess you’re not a Marvel fan.

Nope..
Bigspin3 h, 7 m ago

I have both. Can't really complain about content because both have ups and …I have both. Can't really complain about content because both have ups and downs. Original content from both of them is generally crap.

Black Mirror on Netflix is outstanding.
netflix £15 per year
Have both and rate both highly ,which ever you choose you will like
sicklysweet4 h, 14 m ago

Netflix, then NowTV, then amazon prime video is how I would rate them.

Now TV should be last imo because their cinema selection is terrible and overpriced. Haven't tried Netflix yet because Student Prime Video is so much cheaper and the content is quite decent.

I think OP should get free trials of both and compare the content - I'm going to try out Netflix once I finish all the Prime Video originals I'm watching!
Edited by: "jamie015" 12th Mar
Netflix has better content than Prime but overall package, Prime is a lot better i.e free one day delivery, amazon music etc throw in with your membership. Why don't you do the free month Prime trial? When you go cancel near the end of your month they will ask you to stay and try another month for free.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 13th Mar
Netflix is far better and some of their original programmes are excellent {money heist, el chapo, dark) . Great value at £30 a year for 4k psckage I ran out of things to watch on amazon within a week!
Edited by: "chocci" 13th Mar
rtmlk13 h, 12 m ago

netflix £15 per year

Please explain...

I'm about 3 weeks into a Netflix trial after being on Prime for about 3 years. What annoyed me with Prime (I no longer subscribe to Prime and am going to keep Netflix) was when you'd found something interesting to watch you'd find it wasn't included in your subscription and you would have to pay more to watch it. There also isn't a way to filter these out of the online menu which would be much better. Everything on Netflix is included in your subscription.
Edited by: "Will3691" 13th Mar
Original Poster
thanks guys for all your help will try netflix i dont buy much from amazon so will do my free trial later on in the year many thanks again for all your info i do appreciate it have a great week everyone
RiverDragon85 h, 49 m ago

Netflix has better content than Prime but overall package, Prime is a lot …Netflix has better content than Prime but overall package, Prime is a lot better i.e free one day delivery, amazon music etc throw in with your membership. Why don't you do the free month Prime trial? When you go cancel near the end of your month they will ask you to stay and try another month for free.

Prime Delivery isn't really free, nor is it usually any good. Next time you're shopping for something small on Amazon, filter by prime and non-prime, and you'll suddenly see typically a few quid added to the price of items for the Prime option. Plus, of course, the fact you have to pay for Prime as an annual cost, making delivery, at best, merely inclusive.

Also, a delivery service which can deliver any time between 8am and 9pm is useless to anyone with any sort of life.
Both + Nowtv
dxx23 m ago

Prime Delivery isn't really free, nor is it usually any good. Next time …Prime Delivery isn't really free, nor is it usually any good. Next time you're shopping for something small on Amazon, filter by prime and non-prime, and you'll suddenly see typically a few quid added to the price of items for the Prime option. Plus, of course, the fact you have to pay for Prime as an annual cost, making delivery, at best, merely inclusive.Also, a delivery service which can deliver any time between 8am and 9pm is useless to anyone with any sort of life.

Prime is also £7.99 pm rather than just a yearly option.
Snakeyes6462 h, 55 m ago

Prime is also £7.99 pm rather than just a yearly option.

You can sub to Prime for the year instead of paying monthly. If you pay monthly that is the most expensive way.
dxx4 h, 50 m ago

Prime Delivery isn't really free, nor is it usually any good. Next time …Prime Delivery isn't really free, nor is it usually any good. Next time you're shopping for something small on Amazon, filter by prime and non-prime, and you'll suddenly see typically a few quid added to the price of items for the Prime option. Plus, of course, the fact you have to pay for Prime as an annual cost, making delivery, at best, merely inclusive.Also, a delivery service which can deliver any time between 8am and 9pm is useless to anyone with any sort of life.

Ermm no, If I didn't have Prime then some of my items I bought I would've had to pay for delivery on top.
33432346-XW2nG.jpgI got this bluetooth speaker yesterday (free delivery). Non prime would've been £14.99 + £3.99 delivery.
33432346-0GT2m.jpg
YOU: ''Also, a delivery service which can deliver any time between 8am and 9pm is useless to anyone with any sort of life''

33432346-NlyRx.jpgThat's one of the most naive comments I've ever read on here. Only RM (that I can think of) will deliver anytime between 8am to 5pm. Other courier services will deliver between 8am to 6pm (maybe later if you got a good hermes driver). 95% of my orders for next day delivery came the next day so you actually can have a life and have something delivered on a Saturday or Sunday, or leave instructions to leave it with the neighbour. Who do you know that delivers on a Sunday?? (upon request).

Me: ''Netflix has better content than Prime but overall package, Prime is a lot better i.e free one day delivery, amazon music etc throw in with your membership''
I couldn't be more spot on even if I tried.
RiverDragon82 h, 33 m ago

You can sub to Prime for the year instead of paying monthly. If you pay …You can sub to Prime for the year instead of paying monthly. If you pay monthly that is the most expensive way.

Yeah I know that =) was just saying it isn't annual just
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants