Expired

Can anyone tell me what type fish this is?

13 replies
Found 28th Sep 2016
I was going for a walk on the beach and I came across this massive fish, its hard to see the scale in the photo but it was about 3 ½ / 4 feet.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments

no picture's are posted

Original Poster

https://s15.postimg.org/s0un53gd7/DSC_0024.jpg
Edited by: "wavefront" 28th Sep 2016

Original Poster

andrewmclachlan1

no picture's are posted

Wow you where fast, I was still uploading the pick

Interesting, was it stuck in the plastic bag as it appears in the photograph?

Original Poster

john52

Interesting, was it stuck in the plastic bag as it appears in the … Interesting, was it stuck in the plastic bag as it appears in the photograph?

I was out of the bag when I found it but it was obviously wrapped up in it at some point. I’m assuming it was caught by a fishing boat then lost or thrown over the side and then it washed up.
Edited by: "wavefront" 28th Sep 2016

Looks quite like a harbour porpoise?
[img]encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtHFaiq8mU_LabDvcZtq7tTRNB_jC4XLpSoMH2MGdAhwWszFaH[/img]

Looks more like the porpoise or dolphin family going on the mouth, you should report any sightings like this to somewhere like marine conservation

mcsuk.org
Edited by: "varminty" 28th Sep 2016

Original Poster

chuckiedoll

Looks quite like a harbour … Looks quite like a harbour porpoise?[img]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtHFaiq8mU_LabDvcZtq7tTRNB_jC4XLpSoMH2MGdAhwWszFaH[/img]

I think your right, it’s such a shame people are killing these wonderful creatures.
Thanks for the identification

Opened the picture to have a look and it links to your photo bucket album. Not sure if you know this or not but it says there are like 191 photos to view. You might want to consider removing the link if any of the photos are personal.

Original Poster

varminty

Looks more like the porpoise or dolphin family going on the mouth, you … Looks more like the porpoise or dolphin family going on the mouth, you should report any sightings like this to somewhere like marine conservationhttps://www.mcsuk.org

Thanks for the link, I’ll let them know

Original Poster

Scoop1

Opened the picture to have a look and it links to your photo bucket … Opened the picture to have a look and it links to your photo bucket album. Not sure if you know this or not but it says there are like 191 photos to view. You might want to consider removing the link if any of the photos are personal.

Opps's thanks for the head up

wavefront

Opps's thanks for the head up

Suggestion for you
Create folders in your photobucket and password protect them (even if it's the same password as the account) and only leave non personal images in the main folder (as these can be searched and found easily)

I have been using photobucket for years but for the odd linking image to get info (like your thread) I'd just use Imgur (you don't need an account)

Edited by: "philphil61" 28th Sep 2016

Banned

Scoop1

Opened the picture to have a look and it links to your photo bucket … Opened the picture to have a look and it links to your photo bucket album. Not sure if you know this or not but it says there are like 191 photos to view. You might want to consider removing the link if any of the photos are personal.

​loads of the ops make similar mistakes
most aren't interesting any way
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Coming up to bonfire night ...2128
    2. word association Game74244893
    3. sweet Sundays codes need to be redeemed by 23.59 on the 19th of October56
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769294

See more discussions