Groups
    EXPIRED

can anyone tell me where i can get a free HPI vehicle check ?

a work friend has just bought a van and the guy seemed dodgy he was buying it from!!!!!!

27 Comments

go to your local police station

Why did he buy it then?

And you cant get a free one.

From memory I dont think you can get free HPI checks. I think if he brought it its a bit late now!

farhadmaster

go to your local police station

And bring it to their attention if it is dodgy?! Good idea! . . . . not!
    Edited by: "dh058977" 14th Feb 2011

Think HPI check costs about 20 quid

Edit: yup not far off, this one costs £20.50

hpicheck.com/hpi…tml
    Edited by: "jonny619447" 14th Feb 2011

jonny619447

Think HPI check costs about 20 quid

More like £4

So the seller seemed dodgy but your friend bought it anyway.........that makes perfect sense.

greenmachine12

More like £4

Where from?

jonny619447

Think HPI check costs about 20 quidEdit: yup not far off, this one costs … Think HPI check costs about 20 quidEdit: yup not far off, this one costs £20.50http://www.hpicheck.com/hpi_check.html

lol, £4.95 and just as good surely? - mycarcheck.com/

Original Poster

he s abit dim this guy !!!!!! its probably fine , but i told him he should of got a HPI check first , it was a transit conect 58 plate

Maybe not, I cant see anything on there about outstanding finance

dh058977

lol, £4.95 and just as good surely? - https://www.mycarcheck.com/

lol...That isn't a HPI check!

Follow the link to "HPI check" and it links to the site I linked to

yozzman1234

he s abit dim this guy !!!!!! its probably fine , but i told him he … he s abit dim this guy !!!!!! its probably fine , but i told him he should of got a HPI check first , it was a transit conect 58 plate

How much did he pay for it?
    If i was buying a car that was 5 years or less old that would be the first thing that I done! Once the vehicle is transfered then so is any debt owed on it.... One of the oldest scams in the book
    Edited by: "jonny619447" 14th Feb 2011

jonny619447

lol...That isn't a HPI check!Follow the link to "HPI check" and it links … lol...That isn't a HPI check!Follow the link to "HPI check" and it links to the site I linked to

Didnt say it was did i? I asked if it was just as good and then when I read it i said -

Edited by: "dh058977" 14th Feb 2011

dh058977

Didnt say it was did i? I asked if it was just as good and then when I … Didnt say it was did i? I asked if it was just as good and then when I read it i said -

Erm.. I think you will find you did How can it be just as good if its not the same thing?(_;)

jonny619447

Erm.. I think you will find you did How can it be just as good if its … Erm.. I think you will find you did How can it be just as good if its not the same thing?(_;)

OK whatever you say, because you know exactly what I meant dont you! Fool.

Look at RAC as I got an HPI check from them a few years ago, it wasn't too expensive and gave all the relevant information.

Edit: £15.50, so a bit cheaper than above rac.co.uk/pro…ks/ or if there is someone else who is looking for a HPI check you can get 3 for £28 I think it was and then split the cost between you.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

If only i had a 1p for everytime someone came on here and asked, "i've … If only i had a 1p for everytime someone came on here and asked, "i've just bought something, how do i find out if its dodgy or a bargain etc"

well i did nt buy it did i !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so you wont get my 1p ,

whatsThePoint

If only i had a 1p for everytime someone came on here and asked, "i've … If only i had a 1p for everytime someone came on here and asked, "i've just bought something, how do i find out if its dodgy or a bargain etc"

You'd have like £2.67.

Original Poster

its ok he used the RAC to check it , its all fine , the guy he bought it off owned it and no finance owed on it , the guy he bought it off was out of work and skint . he got it for £4500 for a 58 plate low miles , it was that good a deal , we thought too good . but looks like the guy was just skint and needed the money , thanks for your help guys

The cheaper ones do miss out some of the things a HPI check will give you, it is always worth paying the full amount for one because it makes sense! £20 is better than the thousands!

text the numberplate to 86300 and you will get all the info back and im shure it only cost £2

woked everytime for me

yozzman1234

its ok he used the RAC to check it , its all fine , the guy he bought it … its ok he used the RAC to check it , its all fine , the guy he bought it off owned it and no finance owed on it , the guy he bought it off was out of work and skint . he got it for £4500 for a 58 plate low miles , it was that good a deal , we thought too good . but looks like the guy was just skint and needed the money , thanks for your help guys

maybe thats why he looked dodgy cos he spunked all his money on booze and drugs and had to resort to selling his motor.

dh058977

OK whatever you say, because you know exactly what I meant dont you! Fool.

Yes you meant that surely the £4.95 was just as good as the £20.50 one. I pointed out it wasn't as it didn't include the HPI check (which is what the OP was specifically after) and then you started being stroppy.

If you want an arguement find a 10 year old, thats about your level.

jonny619447

Yes you meant that surely the £4.95 was just as good as the £20.50 one. I … Yes you meant that surely the £4.95 was just as good as the £20.50 one. I pointed out it wasn't as it didn't include the HPI check (which is what the OP was specifically after) and then you started being stroppy.If you want an arguement find a 10 year old, thats about your level.

dh058977

Learn to read, I rectified my mistake way before you did. Oh and lol at you thinking finance gets transfered! Dont worry about replying anymore, im bored with you and I wont read it/reply. Enjoy your evening! (_;)

i just used freehpi.org and i got a report done it´s pretty straightforward.

Wow you got here just in time.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764536
      2. Best advert ever to be seen.22
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …206570
      4. word association Game72844185

See more discussions