.popover--mainNav,body/.popover--menu, ","event":"layer-destroy"}],"events":["trigger"]}" data-t="nav">
My college offers free courses and one of my work colleagues and his … My college offers free courses and one of my work colleagues and his mother and father all applied for same course, bought a 3 year NUS card and unidays account and have never stepped foot on the college.
Thanks for responding. So you are required to enroll at a physical c … Thanks for responding. So you are required to enroll at a physical college or university?
I had ac.uk student email when I was studying at college. But my home was … I had ac.uk student email when I was studying at college. But my home was flooded in the 2015 boxing day floods and we lost everything, so i cant even check through my paperwork.I can't remember for the life of me what my email login was.
Maybe call your college?
Open university would be the only distance learning that's given you the … Open university would be the only distance learning that's given you the required ac.uk email address
There are various schemes for students to save money on everything they need from weekly shopping to computers. We’re going to look at the main two in the UK, Unidays and the NUS card.
Unidays provides students with some great discounts, see below for what is currently on offer.
Top Unidays Discounts
- To get a Unidays account you MUST be attending a college or University which provides you with an email address directly from that institution.
- Once you register, an email will be sent to that address and you will need to verify your student status by replying.
- You must be at least 16 years of age. If you are 16 to 17 years of age, you will need the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- Unidays subscription is completely free of charge and lasts for as long as your college or Uni course runs for.
40% discount on UK services using express24 and express48 parcel services at Parcel Force.
30% discount when you dine at Zizzi, Ed’s Easy Diner, Pizza Express and Giraffe.
15% off National Express journeys.
3 months free trial for Apple Music.
Plus many more, see full list here.
NUS extra card
The National Union of Students extra card is available to anyone studying in the UK who are registered with an affiliated university or college. NUS card discounts are available at a wide range of retailers and entertainment.
Top NUS extra card discounts
- The NUS extra card is available to students aged 16 or over, studying full or part-time in Further or Higher Education.
- To be eligible, your course should require at least 10 hours study weekly for a minimum of 12 weeks.
- Courses carried out by professional learners should be a recognised, accredited course.
- Once you are enrolled on an accredited course, click here to apply.
- Your NUS card will be mailed to your address in a few days.
- The current NUS card price is £12 per year.
49% off at Alton Towers
20% off outlets within Moto Service Stations
Amazon Prime student membership for just £39 a year
10% off at CO-OP supermarkets
And much more available here.
Can I get a NUS card if I'm not a student?
No, you do need to be registered as a student in the UK. HOWEVER, there are ways to get an NUS card without needing to actually study! The best way to do this is to register for an online course with a provider who is affiliated with the NUS.
Guide to enrolling on an online course
1. Find a course online that is affiliated with the NUS.
2. You can check whether or not you will be eligible to apply for an NUS card by starting the registration process here.
3. Enter your email and you will be asked to create an account
4. When asked for your YOUR COURSE start entering the letters of the course provider that you have found, e.g. New Skills Academy. If the institutions name pops up then you will definitely be eligible to purchase an NUS extra card.
5. Buy the online course and register with them, don’t worry you won’t need to do any actual studying unless you want to!
Guide to getting your NUS card
1. Go back to the NUS registration page here.
2. Enter the start and end date of the course.
3. Choose the level of course you are studying, ‘Professional/Vocational’ would usually work.
4. Choose a course discipline, or the closest option to it.
5. Pick the length of the NUS card that you are wanting to purchase, the options are 1-3 years.
6. Upload your photo (selfie time!)
7. Enter personal details, including a student number which your online course provider should have sent to you.
8. Pay. If your get the one year membership it is only £12 (plus £1.50 for delivery).
9. Wait for you card to arrive and start saving!
Here are some of the cheap online courses around
Book keeping and accountancy course from e-Careers which costs only £9 @ Wowcher
Forensic ballistics course from NCC home learning for £14 @ Wowcher
Body Language Online Course from News Skills Academy for £16 @ Groupon