Groups

Can anyone translate from brasilian to english for me?

I tried a free online translator but no luck

I found this on ebay by accident and was wondering what it said really as i might get it as a present for my dad as he collects playing cards

tinyurl.com/39s…bxa

Could anyone translate the brazilian bit in the discription? I obviously get the first part that is translated in the title it is the bit after.. does it say its exclusive to a person? or is it a place in Rio?

or if anyone knows anything else about it that would be great!
    Btw this is NOT self promotion and isnt my ebay account before anyone asks.. My ebay account is chrisharry12345

4 Comments

Banned

this card is to show the independence of Brazil on October 15, 1972

Rare Vintage full set of playing cards with box from 1922

Celebrating 100 years of independance

"SOUVENIR DO CENTENARIO DA INDEPENDENCIA DO BRASIL"

"1922"

ESCLUSIVO DE

FRANCISCO CARNEIRO

RIO DE JANEIRO

Each playing card has a unique picture of a landmark in Brazil

As you can see from the pictures the box is torn along the seems and has some folds and marks on the front cover

The cards are in fairly good condition for there age but have the usual tanning and slight fading you would expect. The photos look more faded than they actually are due to the light of the camera flash.

From researching I think Francisco Carneiro was

"the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of the Supreme Court , deputy general and senator of the Empire of Brazil from 1826 to 1842 ."

ScRiVs

It's Portuguese not Brasilian

It's actually Brasilian Portugese, as it's not the same language as they speak in Portugal.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846175
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…45
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764227
      4. What do these 2 men have in common1221

See more discussions