Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Can bankers draft be paid into joint account.

Posted 30th Dec 2019
I gave my son a bankers draft for Christmas.
His mrs is a shopaholic and i am worried it will be cashed and spent in the sales. Doesbit have to be cashed by my son or paid into joint account.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
It can be paid into any account which has the payee as one of the account owners.

As for how the money gets used, shouldn't your son decide it? Once gifted, don't think about it. If he is old enough to marry, he is old enough to decide what to do with the money.
You sure you gave the bankers draft and didn't receive it and want to hide it from your other half?

You mentioned you had a Grandad in one thread on here, but had also recently graduated, and now you have a grown up son who is old enough to be in a relationship.

Yes, it is possible age wise, but?
Edited by: "JimboParrot" 30th Dec 2019
12 Comments
It can be paid into any account which has the payee as one of the account owners.

As for how the money gets used, shouldn't your son decide it? Once gifted, don't think about it. If he is old enough to marry, he is old enough to decide what to do with the money.
a bankers draft is no different to a cheque, except that the bank guarantees the money so it can't bounce.
What your son and his family do with money is for them to decide..... as said above.

Considering you posted previously asking about Tinder plus and was it ... "cheaper than prossies" ? I pity your sons wife having you as an in law.

You need to show a bit of respect to women.
You sure you gave the bankers draft and didn't receive it and want to hide it from your other half?

You mentioned you had a Grandad in one thread on here, but had also recently graduated, and now you have a grown up son who is old enough to be in a relationship.

Yes, it is possible age wise, but?
Edited by: "JimboParrot" 30th Dec 2019
JimboParrot30/12/2019 13:53

You sure you gave the bankers draft and didn't receive it and want to hid …You sure you gave the bankers draft and didn't receive it and want to hid it from your other half?You mentioned you had a Grandad in one thread on here, but had also recently graduated, and now you have a grown up son who is old enough to be in a relationship.Yes, it is possible age wise, but?

LARPing or lying.

You sure you gave the bankers draft and didn't receive it and want to hid …You sure you gave the bankers draft and didn't receive it and want to hid it from your other half?You mentioned you had a Grandad in one thread on here, but had also recently graduated, and now you have a grown up son who is old enough to be in a relationship.Yes, it is possible age wise, but?

I've never seen him make a worthwhile comment. I would take everything he says with a pinch of salt.
deeky30/12/2019 14:20

I've never seen him make a worthwhile comment. I would take everything he …I've never seen him make a worthwhile comment. I would take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

I was wondering where I recognised this user from, it was the Waitrose thread This user can't be serious with these posts!
Edited by: "jamie15" 30th Dec 2019
jamie1530/12/2019 14:33

I was wondering where I recognised this user from, it was the Waitrose …I was wondering where I recognised this user from, it was the Waitrose thread This user can't be serious with these posts!

Just read through his activity - just pointless comment after pointless comment.
mutley130/12/2019 11:59

a bankers draft is no different to a cheque, except that the bank …a bankers draft is no different to a cheque, except that the bank guarantees the money so it can't bounce.

And that answers the question how?
chocci30/12/2019 15:27

It makes it clear that banker's drafts and cheques are the same, except they're different.
chocci30/12/2019 15:27

in the same way that a cheque can be put into a joint bank account if the payee is one of the account holder.
that is how a joint bank account works, either of the account holders can use it and put a cheque, made payable to himself, into the joint bank account.

so in terms of how a banker's draft works, it works the same way as a personal cheque, the ONLY difference, being that it is guaranteed and can't bounce, no other difference at all.

You sure you gave the bankers draft and didn't receive it and want to hide …You sure you gave the bankers draft and didn't receive it and want to hide it from your other half?You mentioned you had a Grandad in one thread on here, but had also recently graduated, and now you have a grown up son who is old enough to be in a relationship.Yes, it is possible age wise, but?

School holidays still on...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants