Can bluetooth on iphone 3gs be used on any phone??

18 replies
Found 1st Jul 2010
Got myself an iphone 3gs, liking it in alot of ways but having trouble with the bluetooth.. I have been told that it only connects to other iphones? surely not? if so is there any way of making it abit more sociable? it is 'jailbroken' if that helps. Any advice out there?

18 Comments

Banned

hey mate yea its not very good with the old bluetooth, it will connect but you cannot send anything. There is a few things you can get to transfer pictures via bluetooth from iphone to another but i downloaded that and it kept crashing on startup. just search bluetooth in cydia , could be different for you :-D no chance of transfering songs, well you can but it changes all the names of the songs to somthing else so you have no idea which song you are chosing. Hopefully apple will sort this but i dont expect them to. hope that helps buddy

The bluetooth function is very limited, it will not send files over bluetooth by default. I'm sure that if your phone is jailbroken then somewhere there will be an application for sending files. Have a look on Cydia repository for bluetooth applications.

Object push (the bit of the bluetooth stack that sends/receive things) isn't supported.

Apple say that its to prevent people sharing music that's been paid for and is copyrighted.

Its only supported for a BT headset.

Original Poster

had a look through cydia, cant find much......not too worry if i know it cant be done then i either accept or change phone, cheers guys

]iBluetooth claims to allow file sharing across bluetooth. I haven't used it myself.

Original Poster

downloading as we speak, fingers crossed, i'll let you know..........

Original Poster

says error unable to start the stack - whatever that means ?! i'll keep trying

Original Poster

after a bit more digging..... that only works on the 3g ! aargghhh lol

Banned

galaxyneo;8955706

after a bit more digging..... that only works on the 3g ! aargghhh lol

yep thats the 1 i was on about, does not work :-( apart from that there is not much else mate

Original Poster

mairsy07;8955816

yep thats the 1 i was on about, does not work :-( apart from that there … yep thats the 1 i was on about, does not work :-( apart from that there is not much else mate

what a shame, says theres an update, sometime, for 3gs - have to wait til then

Original Poster

yeeehaaaaa - theres an app called ibluenova - it works !! i can now bluetooth my nokia lol .........

galaxyneo;8957177

yeeehaaaaa - theres an app called ibluenova - it works !! i can now … yeeehaaaaa - theres an app called ibluenova - it works !! i can now bluetooth my nokia lol .........

Did you have to pay for it? The app i meant.

Original Poster

wonkey;8957745

Did you have to pay for it? The app i meant.

No it was free, and it works perfect ! well chuffed

Banned

awesome!!!!! from cydia??? i will have a browse lol good job mate!!

Original Poster

mairsy07;8961531

awesome!!!!! from cydia??? i will have a browse lol good job mate!!

yea cydia, good luck, let me know how it goes

galaxyneo;8961903

yea cydia, good luck, let me know how it goes

It says $5.99 for me :oops:

Original Poster

wonkey;8961931

It says $5.99 for me :oops:

there seems to be 2 listed one from ispazio which is $5.99 and one from xsellize which is free, is there a difference?

Banned

galaxyneo;8962850

there seems to be 2 listed one from ispazio which is $5.99 and one from … there seems to be 2 listed one from ispazio which is $5.99 and one from xsellize which is free, is there a difference?

there probs will be a difference but i got the free 1 anyway, not tried to send anything yet but it lets you access everything so good stuff. good job mate nice find :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247572
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769251
    3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711605
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710974

See more discussions