Can cars drive along Oxford street, London

Banned 9
Found 11th Sep 2011
Need to drop a friend off in Oxford street next week for an interview but not sure if you can drive along Oxford street,

Anyone?

9 Comments

The underground system is great in London. Where are you going to London from? May help with good suggestions of places to drop off.

Original Poster Banned

From the midlands, was hoping to drop off on oxford street as my friend has dificulty walking any long distances,

Don't know about "up" but I would imagine it would be physically possible to drive along Oxford Street.

(bored)

Cars are allowed between Marble Arch and Selfridges, the rest is buses and taxis only - you'll also have to pay the congestion charge!

speaknoevil

From the midlands, was hoping to drop off on oxford street as my friend … From the midlands, was hoping to drop off on oxford street as my friend has dificulty walking any long distances,

I have no idea, but just posting to say well done for being such a good friend, may Karma reward you well. the world needs more people like you.

You sound like a great friend
Could you drop her off at one of the less central tube stops on the same line as Oxford Street and then she can get off at Oxford Circus and get a taxi from there?
Or is there a bus service which will get her nearer to where the appointment is?
One thing she might want to consider is that if she gets the job how she will do the trip on a regular basis so it's probably a good thing to look into alternatives and see how well they would suit her.

Original Poster Banned

sickly sweet

You sound like a great friend :)Could you drop her off at one of the less … You sound like a great friend :)Could you drop her off at one of the less central tube stops on the same line as Oxford Street and then she can get off at Oxford Circus and get a taxi from there?Or is there a bus service which will get her nearer to where the appointment is?One thing she might want to consider is that if she gets the job how she will do the trip on a regular basis so it's probably a good thing to look into alternatives and see how well they would suit her.

Thank you all for the help and advice,

Luckily she only has to go to London for the interview, the job is managing a local branch.

She did look at public transport but is not keen if she can avoid it.

Reckon i will probably park up near regents park and let her get a cab into where she has to be, sounds like the best solution to be honest.

Don't stop in a bus stop or a taxi rank, even for 2 seconds...not worth the fine!

you can drive through Oxford St. But you cant stop anywhere.

I would recommend dropping your friend off either when a traffic light goes Red or on one of the many back/side streets.

Where about on oxford st does your friend need to go.
Post a comment
@
    Text