Can Cuban cigars be sold on and if so where?

Found 9th Jan 2012
We brought back some cigars from our recent holiday to Cuba as presents for a few people but not all of them wanted any so have some left over. I just wanted some advice on what can do with them....is there any website that allows for this sort of thing to be sold?

Thanks in advance for any help

14 Comments

They're illegal in the US because of the American trade embargo against Cuba (damn commies!) you will find they are perfectly legal in most other countries.

Banned

you cannot sell them on here, what about ebay?

Original Poster

sassie

you cannot sell them on here, what about ebay?

I just assumed Ebay wouldn't allow that sort of thing but I'll have to check. So as far as you know it isn't illegal for me to sell them on, seemed like a good idea buying them for people but now stuck with a load and have no interest in them myself

Banned

you cannot sell them on ebay either, just had a nosey on there

Original Poster

sassie

you cannot sell them on ebay either, just had a nosey on there

Ah ok, thanks for looking me for. Much appreciated

I've always thought it was illegal too in the UK.
After Googling the question, it would appear to just be in the US!

Sell them to expectant farthers outside the local maternity hospital

Original Poster

Does anybody know if I could get rid of them on something like Gumtree. I had a look on their terms but couldn't see anything

I have a similar problem, I bought a big pack of Camel light cigarettes for a friend who has given up smoking so just don't know what to do with them. Most of my friends don't smoke. I know you can't sell them on here (no cigarettes, knives, vibrators, guns etc).

Don't think it's legal to sell any duty free goods in the UK.

Sell the cigs outside a school gate. 50p a cig was the going rate in my day!!

Joking aside its harder to do this than it used to be. When I was a student and I came back from somewhere I always bought duty free foreign cigs and stood next to the cigarette machine in the union. As soon as someone approached about to put the £4 in offered them my pack for £3. Cleared about £2 a pack and on one occasion it paid for my whole next trip!!

The good old days.

Original Poster

sickly sweet

I have a similar problem, I bought a big pack of Camel light cigarettes … I have a similar problem, I bought a big pack of Camel light cigarettes for a friend who has given up smoking so just don't know what to do with them. Most of my friends don't smoke. I know you can't sell them on here (no cigarettes, knives, vibrators, guns etc).

Yeah I bought for two people. One is giving up smoking (not very successfully) but says cigars are too strong for him and the other took a couple of cigars as he only wanted one every couple of months or so. I am left with quite a few because I don't have any other friends/family who smoke.

Wish I hadn't bothered now. Just hoping to get my money back for them but seems like I may not even be able to

Original Poster

shauneco

Don't think it's legal to sell any duty free goods in the UK.

Does anybody know if this is the case?

Banned

au_rustique

Does anybody know if this is the case?

that is actually true, as people bringing tobacco back to the uk to sell are breaking the law hence why it is done on qc
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions