Groups

Can DVD+R drives burn DVD+R DL disks?

I have a combo drive in my Dell Vostro 200 which can burn DVD-R and DVD+R but there doesnt seem to be any symbols at the front of the drive that says DVD+R DL.

Stupid question but does this mean that I will need to new drive to burn the dual layer disks? I wasn't sure if a DVD+R drive will also burn the dual layer one or not.

Any advice?

6 Comments

not unless its a DL burner, have a look on the front it will say DVDR then DL in a small box afterwards most modern burners do

comme ca
    http://www.diskdepot.co.uk/acatalog/dvd-rw-dl-logo.gif

Original Poster

ms2005;4254887

not unless its a DL burner, have a look on the front it will say DVDR … not unless its a DL burner, have a look on the front it will say DVDR then DL in a small box afterwards most modern burners docomme ca

That's what I thought.

Mine doesnt have any mentions on the front that says its capable of DL but when I ran Nero Infotools, it says my drive has write capabilities including DVD+R DL but not the Minus one.

Just don't want to buy a pack of DL disks if it doesnt work.

Does anyone have a Vostro 200 that can burn DUal Layer disks? Or any typical dell drives that doesnt say Dual Layer but can still burn it?

Mate, im on a look for a new drive for 360 backups, im looking at Pioneer Black Sata. They work well with Aones

Original Poster

strike;4255810

Mate, im on a look for a new drive for 360 backups, im looking at Pioneer … Mate, im on a look for a new drive for 360 backups, im looking at Pioneer Black Sata. They work well with Aones

Cool! Will keep that in mind if this doesnt work. :thumbsup:

I've got a Vostro 200 mate,its DL.Use it for 360 backups.

Original Poster

koppyking;4256384

I've got a Vostro 200 mate,its DL.Use it for 360 backups.

Exactly what I wanted to hear! :thumbsup:

Have some rep my good man!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....22
      2. Bearded chat1222
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767499
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691427

See more discussions