Groups

Can energy providers backdate price increases?

Banned
    I received a letter from Atlantic last week saying their gas & electric prices are increasing by around 15-20%

Whilst i ws expecting a price increase, the letter stated the price increase would take effect from the 1st April!

Are they allowed to increase prices for goods which I have already received and paid for?

3 Comments

Wouldn't have thought so, when was the letter dated?

You're catching me up on post count, might be because I'm in wales at the moment.

Switch to british gas, npower phoned me the other day asking me to stay, i got the lady to compare the prices for me and she said I'd be about £100-£200 a year better off with british gas, she then asked again if I wanted to stay and pay over the odds for the same gas and electricity! Do they think I'm stupid?

Original Poster Banned

Benjimoron;2184681

Switch to british gas, npower phoned me the other day asking me to stay, … Switch to british gas, npower phoned me the other day asking me to stay, i got the lady to compare the prices for me and she said I'd be about £100-£200 a year better off with british gas, she then asked again if I wanted to stay and pay over the odds for the same gas and electricity! Do they think I'm stupid?

Oi! Stop double posting ;-)

Dont want to switch as still the cheapest even after increase. Discount a further 8.5% for one months premiums loyalty payback each year.

Might try OFGEM to complain.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846165
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764205
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31136
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio33

See more discussions