Can I ask for a free stair Gate from my daughters health visitor..?

Posted 19th Aug 2014
Hi all, I will be seeing my daughters health visitor soon for her 8-11 month check up, I was told by a friend to ask for a stair gate and fireplace cover as I could get this free, has anyone received this free before and would I have to be claiming any certain benefits? All I get is child benefit..
Community Updates

Groups

63 Comments
dcx_badass

It's not an opinion and it's certainly not an insult. It's a fact that if … It's not an opinion and it's certainly not an insult. It's a fact that if you can't afford children then you shouldn't be having them.

^This.
Maybe we should introduce a way of means testing all people before allowing them to conceive.

Nothing wrong with seeing I you can get something for free as long as, if its essential for your childs safety and well being, you have the money to purchase it.

Blah blah blahhhhhhhh
therealslimkaty

My suggestion is that you should NEVER ask anything about anything "free" … My suggestion is that you should NEVER ask anything about anything "free" that "taxpayers will be paying for" on HUKD. As it will inevitably turn into a hate campaign. I'm surprised Deeky hasn't appeared and posted a photo of a semi naked model behind a stair gate and made some awful comment, like he did on a thread where someone was asking advice re their mother who was dying of cancer. HUKD HAS gone down the drain. Just google or phone the health visitors and ask. At least you've learned now.

Ok and thankyou
No you won't get it free but at a discounted price like say shops £20 and you would pay £14 etc.
I got kitchen Cuba Rd locks and electricity plugs free 7 years ago and I paid for a gate and they fit it free.
hope your not confused.
2 years ago my sister in law paid for gate too and fitted free.
They are really nice guys and I remember mine he was very chatty.

why don't you ring and as if they will know who you are. say hi iv heard so and so but is it true.
too many trolls ruined your thread.

you can get child tax credits and working tax credits if you work 15 hours or more and you can add your partner
sofiasar

No you won't get it free but at a discounted price like say shops £20 and … No you won't get it free but at a discounted price like say shops £20 and you would pay £14 etc.I got kitchen Cuba Rd locks and electricity plugs free 7 years ago and I paid for a gate and they fit it free. hope your not confused. 2 years ago my sister in law paid for gate too and fitted free.They are really nice guys and I remember mine he was very chatty.why don't you ring and as if they will know who you are. say hi iv heard so and so but is it true. too many trolls ruined your thread. you can get child tax credits and working tax credits if you work 15 hours or more and you can add your partner

Thanks doll you're a star
I see the righteous are out in force here. As part of a society, of which children are the future of, it is perfectly reasonable to take a free baby gate if it is on offer legally from our democratically voted government services.
People should not have to be "means tested" to be able to have a child, that is ridiculous. It is a basic human gift. Those that bring new people into our society should be supported and rewarded, unlike those that are purely out for their own selfish personal wealth. Where do you stop? Not paying tax for our elderly or sick, because you are not old or sick. Not paying tax for a pot hole on a road 350 miles away, because you don't live there? Some of the people posting will not of had children yet so they are unable to appreciate the hard work and love that goes into raising them.

One day when they mature they might appreciate the person looking after them, in a government funded care home in their elderly years, who was once that child they helped with their "tax". They may appreciate that medic, who looks after them, that was once a child.

Get real here, its a baby gate, if it's going take it, guilt free.

When you're done with it, shove it sideways where the sun doesn't shine to the "not with my tax" brigade.

Edited by: "Musician" 21st Aug 2014
Musician

I see the righteous are out in force here. As part of a society, of which … I see the righteous are out in force here. As part of a society, of which children are the future of, it is perfectly reasonable to take a free baby gate if it is on offer legally from our democratically voted government services.People should not have to be "means tested" to be able to have a child, that is ridiculous. It is a basic human gift. Those that bring new people into our society should be supported and rewarded, unlike those that are purely out for their own selfish personal wealth. Where do you stop? Not paying tax for our elderly or sick, because you are not old or sick. Not paying tax for a pot hole on a road 350 miles away, because you don't live there? Some of the people posting will not of had children yet so they are unable to appreciate the hard work and love that goes into raising them. One day when they mature they appreciate the person looking after them in a government funded care home in their elderly years who was once that child they helped with their "tax", or they may appreciate that medic who looks after them that was once a child.Get real here, its a baby gate, if it's going take it, guilt free. When you're done with it, shove it sideways where the sun doesn't shine to the "not with my tax" brigade.

Done with what?
faqbeaut

Done with what?

The babygate..
Musician

The babygate..

Loll ok..
Musician

I see the righteous are out in force here. As part of a society, of which … I see the righteous are out in force here. As part of a society, of which children are the future of, it is perfectly reasonable to take a free baby gate if it is on offer legally from our democratically voted government services.People should not have to be "means tested" to be able to have a child, that is ridiculous. It is a basic human gift. Those that bring new people into our society should be supported and rewarded, unlike those that are purely out for their own selfish personal wealth. Where do you stop? Not paying tax for our elderly or sick, because you are not old or sick. Not paying tax for a pot hole on a road 350 miles away, because you don't live there? Some of the people posting will not of had children yet so they are unable to appreciate the hard work and love that goes into raising them. One day when they mature they might appreciate the person looking after them, in a government funded care home in their elderly years, who was once that child they helped with their "tax". They may appreciate that medic, who looks after them, that was once a child.Get real here, its a baby gate, if it's going take it, guilt free. When you're done with it, shove it sideways where the sun doesn't shine to the "not with my tax" brigade.

That's all rather beautiful and a romantic vision, but I fail to see the truth in that when multi generations have children, who don't work and just live off benefits. Rinse and repeat, I'm all for supporting the notion of support but this country has gone to the dogs with government handouts
BarmyBulldog

That's all rather beautiful and a romantic vision, but I fail to see the … That's all rather beautiful and a romantic vision, but I fail to see the truth in that when multi generations have children, who don't work and just live off benefits. Rinse and repeat, I'm all for supporting the notion of support but this country has gone to the dogs with government handouts

Sorry I think your vision is cynical and possibly distorted by the media. The OP is only claiming child benefit which everyone gets unless the parents combined earn over 52k. So what you are saying is irrelevant.
I'm not sure claiming a free baby gate is exactly living off benefits. Giving a child the most help to be healthy and educated is important because it may go some way to breaking the cycle you speak of.
Look at the kids on benefit street, some of them don't want to live like their parents at all (White Dee's Daughter for example)
I think there are fewer people "living off benefits" than you think, you just notice the ones certain newspapers and tv shows mention as it gives you something to get angry about.
Musician

Sorry I think your vision is cynical and possibly distorted by the media. … Sorry I think your vision is cynical and possibly distorted by the media. The OP is only claiming child benefit which everyone gets unless the parents combined earn over 52k. So what you are saying is irrelevant. I'm not sure claiming a free baby gate is exactly living off benefits. Giving a child the most help to be healthy and educated is important because it may go some way to breaking the cycle you speak of. Look at the kids on benefit street, some of them don't want to live like their parents at all (White Dee's Daughter for example)I think there are fewer people "living off benefits" than you think, you just notice the ones certain newspapers and tv shows mention as it gives you something to get angry about.

Exactly I agree.
Musician

I see the righteous are out in force here. As part of a society, of which … I see the righteous are out in force here. As part of a society, of which children are the future of, it is perfectly reasonable to take a free baby gate if it is on offer legally from our democratically voted government services.People should not have to be "means tested" to be able to have a child, that is ridiculous. It is a basic human gift. Those that bring new people into our society should be supported and rewarded, unlike those that are purely out for their own selfish personal wealth. Where do you stop? Not paying tax for our elderly or sick, because you are not old or sick. Not paying tax for a pot hole on a road 350 miles away, because you don't live there? Some of the people posting will not of had children yet so they are unable to appreciate the hard work and love that goes into raising them. One day when they mature they might appreciate the person looking after them, in a government funded care home in their elderly years, who was once that child they helped with their "tax". They may appreciate that medic, who looks after them, that was once a child.Get real here, its a baby gate, if it's going take it, guilt free. When you're done with it, shove it sideways where the sun doesn't shine to the "not with my tax" brigade.

Thanks for understanding I really appreciate it you're a star
deleted701517
faqbeaut

stop being so judgemental!

I've judged nothing. If you read my posts, I've passed no comment about you asking for a freebie. I've tried to help you untwist your knickers over the replies you've had.
ceres

I've judged nothing. If you read my posts, I've passed no comment about … I've judged nothing. If you read my posts, I've passed no comment about you asking for a freebie. I've tried to help you untwist your knickers over the replies you've had.

Get a grip, like I said before I'm over it..
deleted701517
iyesha87

Jesus is this still going on!!! how do i stop notifications ??

Profile-->Settings-->Subscription Options.

Easy. You really should start your own Ask thread if you need help using the website.
Edited by: "deleted701517" 23rd Aug 2014
deleted701517
You've got a strange idea of what constitutes rude. You asked how to unsub from a thread, I explained how to do it.
Some on this thread have a very odd way of interpreting 'rude' and 'insulting'

How they ever cope on the internet is beyond me
deleted701517
Quite! Although to be fair, lyesha87 obviously thought better of her mini-outburst and deleted it, or maybe someone did it for her?
chocci

Some on this thread have a very odd way of interpreting 'rude' and … Some on this thread have a very odd way of interpreting 'rude' and 'insulting' :)How they ever cope on the internet is beyond me

Lol
Surely Child Benefit is for things like this anyway?
splatsplatsplat

Surely Child Benefit is for things like this anyway?

No that goes towards ciggies and cheap cider.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions