Groups

Can I buy a Car Key online?!!!

Hi, I need to buy a replacement car key, but as it's central locking etc it will cost £224! Does anyone know of an online shop that sells them?
    Mtia.

17 Comments

What car make is it?

Maybe ]here ?

Original Poster

abacus;4443288

What car make is it?

VW Golf, 2001.

Original Poster

snowtiger;4443296

Maybe ]here ?

Than you, they just seem to be key parts, I really need the full c/l job. repped for help.

I had the same problem volkswagen are very hard to get hold of the right keys then you have the problem that they have to be coded to your car.I ended up phoning around local firms to where i live and i ended up paying £125 but they did it the same day and even came to my wifes work to do it it took half an hour.Where do you live?

Original Poster

abacus;4443348

I had the same problem volkswagen are very hard to get hold of the right … I had the same problem volkswagen are very hard to get hold of the right keys then you have the problem that they have to be coded to your car.I ended up phoning around local firms to where i live and i ended up paying £125 but they did it the same day and even came to my wifes work to do it it took half an hour.Where do you live?

I live on the IoM and there is only 1 place here that can do it! :-(

Banana79;4443357

I live on the IoM and there is only 1 place here that can do it! :-(

The problem you have that they will have to come to the car to code the key.

Original Poster

Oh, that I didn't know! Drat!

Hi there I had the same problem with a Nissan X trail they wanted £300 for the key and fob.I bought a blank key on fleabay and the matching remote fob( about £40 for the pair ) and got them coded at my local Nissan dealer total £75.Might be worth a try.

Original Poster

fuzog;4443475

Hi there I had the same problem with a Nissan X trail they wanted £300 … Hi there I had the same problem with a Nissan X trail they wanted £300 for the key and fob.I bought a blank key on fleabay and the matching remote fob( about £40 for the pair ) and got them coded at my local Nissan dealer total £75.Might be worth a try.

Thank you, may try that!

Why do you need a replacement?
    What exactly has broken?

Original Poster

Jumpingphil;4444234

Why do you need a replacement?What exactly has broken?

Nothing's broken, I thought it would be amusing to 'pretend' to throw his key in the garden only it actually did go flying! Been looking for 6 days! Serves me right!

Banana79;4444362

Nothing's broken, I thought it would be amusing to 'pretend' to throw his … Nothing's broken, I thought it would be amusing to 'pretend' to throw his key in the garden only it actually did go flying! Been looking for 6 days! Serves me right!

Cheaper to buy a metal detector ?

Original Poster

deanos;4444912

Cheaper to buy a metal detector ?

Thanks, may give it a go!

Banned

Banana79;4444362

Nothing's broken, I thought it would be amusing to 'pretend' to throw his … Nothing's broken, I thought it would be amusing to 'pretend' to throw his key in the garden only it actually did go flying! Been looking for 6 days! Serves me right!

pmsl...

sorry should'nt laugh. Have you checked he not picked them up already and he is gtting the pleaseuse of watching you crawl around on your hands and knees looking for them

Banana79;4444362

Oh dear, I was going to suggest fleabay as that is was I used when I needed new "bits" for my Peugeot key fob, but if you haven't got anything to start with, then I don't know where to look.
    Sorry.

Original Poster

saggy470;4445270

pmsl...sorry should'nt laugh. Have you checked he not picked them up … pmsl...sorry should'nt laugh. Have you checked he not picked them up already and he is gtting the pleaseuse of watching you crawl around on your hands and knees looking for them

Believe me, I do think that's a possibility! :whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764135
      2. Any PS4 News Here29213611
      3. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam67
      4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2747

See more discussions