Groups

Can I buy a cheap moped to keep my no-claims discount?

I cancelled my car insurance (£55 per month) when I sold the car. I have 5 years no-claims and it will be available for the next two years. I have been informed that I could buy a cheap moped say, get it insured and keep the non claims going.

Is this possible?

6 Comments

If your with a company that does both like eCar, i took the 1 year from my bike to a car. so don't see why not.

I used to have a moped for a year when I was 16 then moved to a 125cc motorbike when I was 17. Didn't get a car until I was 20 and was able to use my 2 years no claims. Kwik Fit honours moped / bike no claims and I think AA does too (who I am with now), hope this helps

Visit a scrap yard, find a scrapped 1.0L mini (dont buy it, just find the reg), then insure it for that year. Noone will ever know

some insurers honour bike to car no-claims transfers, but many dont...

Banned

dt_matthews;8588267

some insurers honour bike to car no-claims transfers, but many dont...

My bike insurance asked how many no claims I had with my car insurance, it didn't transfer to my bike as far as I'm aware :? still insured on my car.

edit: Just checked my motorbike insurance policy....says no claims discount = 0

My son had his moped stolen but hasn't cancelled the insurance (only insured 3rd party) hoping the no-claims might reduce his car insurance when he passes his driving test!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846199
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764296
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31153
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio914

See more discussions