Groups

Can I buy a huge envelope?

2nd try as first time disappeared!
    I've made a birthday card for my wee girl to send to cbeebies but I've no idea what I'm going to post it in! It's double A4 size is that A3? If not what do I do now!
    Thanks

16 Comments

Yes.......go to a Office supplies shop like Coleman's or Staples and they will have one.

Will it roll up? You can get tubes to post things in

as syzable said you should be able to get a 'Do Not Bend' A3 hard backed envelope they might even do them in your post office or WHsmith

Yes that size is A3. Any post office should have A3 envelopes or as Syzable says an office supplier.

Original Poster

I'm 20 odd miles from them aaah, maybe there is a office place in our small town off to find the yellow pages!

yes A3 is twice A4, A5 is half A4

how wonderful for your little one that you made a card!!

Good luck and I hope it gets shown x x

Why dont you nip to a card shop and ask if they will give you an envelope, they prob have loads spare. Even if you offer a donation for one - ie a cake bar of chocolate. Good luck.

lostscot;4937599

I'm 20 odd miles from them aaah, maybe there is a office place in our … I'm 20 odd miles from them aaah, maybe there is a office place in our small town off to find the yellow pages!

Just go to your local post office. They will defo have them and then you can post it there too. Happy Days!

Why not just make an envelope with 2 pieces of colourful cardboard and some tape? Royal Mail will deliver no matter what it's wrapped in:thumbsup:

castortroy;4937652

Why not just make an envelope with 2 pieces of colourful cardboard and … Why not just make an envelope with 2 pieces of colourful cardboard and some tape? Royal Mail will deliver no matter what it's wrapped in:thumbsup:

+1

Original Poster

never seen them in the post office but will have fingers crossed they do
    Thanks guys

Original Poster

Never even occured to me to make one, Now I've got a back up plan as well!

My local post office has a huge selection of envelopes. A5, A4 ,A3 etc. standard. Also have envelopes with hard card backing in them. I'd be very surprised if your post office won't have them in stock.
    Good luck and I hope it saves you a 20 mile trip an office suppliers.

good luck getting it shown!

Original Poster

castortroy;4937652

Why not just make an envelope with 2 pieces of colourful cardboard and … Why not just make an envelope with 2 pieces of colourful cardboard and some tape? Royal Mail will deliver no matter what it's wrapped in:thumbsup:

Thats what I've done, fab idea! Post office had none neither did wh smith or stationary shop, pleasures of living in the country! I've fingers crossed they show it now:)

lostscot;4940376

Thats what I've done, fab idea! Post office had none neither did wh smith … Thats what I've done, fab idea! Post office had none neither did wh smith or stationary shop, pleasures of living in the country! I've fingers crossed they show it now:)

I'm sure postie will get it there. Hope you get to see it on tv

And hope your lil one has a gorgeous birthday!! x x x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions