Can I buy an item on ebay for delivery to a different address to my home address?

10 replies
Found 6th May
I want to buy an item from ebay, but I want it delivered to a different address to the address on my ebay and paypal account. Is there an option to do this on ebay purchase?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

Yes. Just input your chosen delivery address when checking out. I have sent to others before.

Yes. when you're through to payment at the top of the screen there should be a drop down menu. Just add a new address there.

I've needed this done and just confirmed with the seller before buying. Saves a lot of hassle if the address doesn't update.

Original Poster

thanks guys. just ordered and was able to change delivery address.

Yep you can, you can also look out for sellers offering argos click and collect and get it delivered to any argos store.

You can, but doesn't it effect your paypal protection??

Rich069

You can, but doesn't it effect your paypal protection??

In what way could your protection be compromised by having an item shipped to a different address?

andynicol

In what way could your protection be compromised by having an item … In what way could your protection be compromised by having an item shipped to a different address?

Many sellers will only ship to a paypal verifed address.
Assuming you are paying by paypal you can put the other address in there as a second verifed address, then choose which you want it sent to and the seller will be happy.
Edited by: "SusieM" 6th May

SusieM

Many sellers will only ship to a paypal verifed address.Assuming you are … Many sellers will only ship to a paypal verifed address.Assuming you are paying by paypal you can put the other address in there as a second verifed address, then choose which you want it sent to and the seller will be happy.

I fail to see where a buyers protection would be affected though...?

Original Poster

SusieM

Many sellers will only ship to a paypal verifed address.Assuming you are … Many sellers will only ship to a paypal verifed address.Assuming you are paying by paypal you can put the other address in there as a second verifed address, then choose which you want it sent to and the seller will be happy.

Thanks. I was able to add a different delivery address on the ebay purchase. I will call the seller on Monday to check that they have the ebay order and can deliver to the chosen address. I did call the shop before I placed the order and they said it was OK but I will double check.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's this on my neighbours roof?910
    2. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit57
    3. Foo fighters presale code.98
    4. Is there an official Disability ID card ?1531

See more discussions