Can I cancel my EE contract?

Found 16th May
I've just received the following text from EE:

Hi, from 25 June the costs of using some services outside of your price plan are increasing. See full details.....

Can I use this as an excuse to cancel my contract with them? I am a few months into a 12 month SIM only contract.
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
Unfortunatly no - it is in the terms and conditions you agreed to that prices my rise inline with inflation.
If theu rise above inflation then yes, you can.
Edited by: "Caroline_1993" 16th May
You can cancel the contract whenever you wish subject to the terms of the contract.
Caroline_19932 h, 8 m ago

Unfortunatly no - it is in the terms and conditions you agreed to that …Unfortunatly no - it is in the terms and conditions you agreed to that prices my rise inline with inflation. If theu rise above inflation then yes, you can.

OP should read the specific terms of thier contract to see if acceptance of a conditional RPI increase is mentioned, but yes: it likely will be.
Otherwise OP may (repeat: may) be able to terminate without penalty.
"Services outside your contract "!

Does this mean extras, outside your allowance? I don't think these are included in the right to cancel clause.

I think you will find your contract is X minutes, X data, X texts and anything outside charged at an extra cost.
Edited by: "mrty" 16th May
I think your missing the point, services outside of your price plan. This is stuff you haven’t signed up for and therefore cannot cancel the contract, they are just making you aware that those costs are increasing if you for example choose to add that service or make an international call for example.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants