Groups

can i cancel my o2 iphone contract????

ok i am swapping my iphone of here for a n95 and was wondering if i can cancel my o2 contract,i mean i paid £269 for the phone but i have a 18 month contract can anyone help me.can i cancel and will i have to pay anything????

18 Comments

I think you'll have to pay to cancel it, which is usually about the same as keeping it... why not give them a call and find out what they can do you for? why don't you just put your sim in your new phone?

did you set up the contract?

Original Poster

i have had this contract for about 6+ years,i am just annoyed at the whole spending £269 on this iphone and then the cut the price by £100 and then bring out a new phone that has all the things this first gen should have had.i just want to know where i stand,if i can cancel and then say well what if i stay what can you offer me???

vinylkiller;2242954

i have had this contract for about 6+ years,i am just annoyed at the … i have had this contract for about 6+ years,i am just annoyed at the whole spending £269 on this iphone and then the cut the price by £100 and then bring out a new phone that has all the things this first gen should have had.i just want to know where i stand,if i can cancel and then say well what if i stay what can you offer me???

they probably won't let you cancel unless you pay the remaining months line rental. it's like saying you bought the best top of the range phone and then two months later an even better model coming out and you wanting to cancel your contract cos this better phone has been released.

you can only ring them and see what they say/offer though i'll think it'll be along the lines of tough!

vinylkiller;2242954

i have had this contract for about 6+ years,i am just annoyed at the … i have had this contract for about 6+ years,i am just annoyed at the whole spending £269 on this iphone and then the cut the price by £100 and then bring out a new phone that has all the things this first gen should have had.i just want to know where i stand,if i can cancel and then say well what if i stay what can you offer me???

if the offered you an iphone, they would have tied you up to a contract, so early termination will mean paying for it outright.

out of curiosity, is the 2ng gen iphone out?

Original Poster

yeah but the next gen of iphone is free on o2 contract now that is a kick in the face

Original Poster

2nd gen not out yet but it will be free on 02 so £269 or £169 is alot of money for a free upgrade,o2 and are robbers they just wanted this price as they had sole rights to the iphone basically robbing all their customers

vinylkiller;2243017

yeah but the next gen of iphone is free on o2 contract now that is a kick … yeah but the next gen of iphone is free on o2 contract now that is a kick in the face

how do you know?

vinylkiller;2243017

yeah but the next gen of iphone is free on o2 contract now that is a kick … yeah but the next gen of iphone is free on o2 contract now that is a kick in the face

cant see it anywhere on the 02 site?

Original Poster

well sorry but i was going by rumors there it may not be free but i have heard that i could be wrong

apple to officially announce iphone 3g next week - thats what i got from a quick search on google. means it will hit the shops a while after that?

edit: article links below:

crave.cnet.com/830…tml
    vnunet.com/vnu…-3g

nothing official from apple though

it almost a guarantee that the phone will be announced at the WWDC (Apple's world wide developers conference) on monday.

there is talk of service providers being able to subsidize the phone (like 02 did when they knocked £100 off)
    but there is no guarantee, I would imagine the phones could be discounted but will not be free.

I doubt you'll get antywhere with o2, you took out a contract and you agreed at that time that it was irrelevant of handset cost.
    plus the new iphones will be on the same tariff so it's unlikely they've let you go.
    Good luck with it though, I was with o2 till last year when they changed the charges and I was able to get out through a loophole, hate them. I was also caught off guard by the £100 price drop, but running my phone on virgin instead of o2 made me feel better lol

new iphone announced
    at £100
    released july 11

might as well wait until then and then buy the new iphone and stick your chip in there

h901;2281131

new iphone announcedat £100 released july 11might as well wait until then … new iphone announcedat £100 released july 11might as well wait until then and then buy the new iphone and stick your chip in there

Free for New Customers taking new contract and £100 for existing customers who would like to take iPhone 3G!! The Apple Shop has more details about iPhone 3G.

Original Poster

how does this affect 6 month old buyers???

puls3;2281186

Free for New Customers taking new contract and £100 for existing … Free for New Customers taking new contract and £100 for existing customers who would like to take iPhone 3G!! The Apple Shop has more details about iPhone 3G.

tarrif dependant

Original Poster

only free if u pay £45 a month and have a 18 month contract.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio33
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846164
      3. What do these 2 men have in common68
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?30134

See more discussions