Groups
    EXPIRED

Can I cancel my Orange Contract easily

As the title suggests, I am looking for a way to get out of my 18 month contract early. I started the contract in July 2008 and now want to get out of it without paying any ridiculous fees. I understand that if I wait until a year has passed, I may get a better chance of negotiating with the provider providing there is less than 6 months remaining.

If anyone knows of any recent changes to the Dolphin 35 contracts, which may assist my discussions, please advise.

Many thanks in advance

damaje

8 Comments

Interested to know this also

Banned

to be honest i do not see you getting anywhere with this, the only option you probably have is to pay off the remainder of your contract.

Original Poster

mysterio84;4638451

to be honest i do not see you getting anywhere with this, the only option … to be honest i do not see you getting anywhere with this, the only option you probably have is to pay off the remainder of your contract.

I am of the same opinion if I am honest, however, I do understand that it is possible, as the old saying goes, if you dont ask, you dont get.........

there used to be a way.... but i dont think you can do it anymore

I've just got out of a contract 9 months into an 18 month contract with them @ £20 a month. I've had to pay £150. There are no loopholes etc. You took it out, you gotta pay unfortunately.

Afraid t0mm's right. You've agreed a contract and the only way out is the pay off the remaining term.
    The 12 month in to an 18 month you're thinking about is when you could drop a tariff after 12 months and then pay that off, but that's changed now, sorry. . .

steve1221;4638517

Afraid t0mm's right. You've agreed a contract and the only way out is … Afraid t0mm's right. You've agreed a contract and the only way out is the pay off the remaining term.The 12 month in to an 18 month you're thinking about is when you could drop a tariff after 12 months and then pay that off, but that's changed now, sorry. . .

Even then you can still drop your tarriff, but only down to thennext lower one each month so if you wanted to go down to £20 you'd have to wait 3 months.

Original Poster

Cheers guys, it was worth a try - maybe I can think of another angle over a couple of beers tonight........
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553758
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826345
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767183
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714459

See more discussions