Expired

Can i cancel Sky and rejoin?

Found 27th May 2012
Hey all,

I have 1 x Sky box installed in my living room and am outside the 12 month contract, currently paying £21.50 per month. I have been offered a Sky friends and family code (half price everything for 12 months).

Would i be able to:

Cancel my Sky.
Rejoin with the code in my wife's name and take advantage of the half price?

Lastly, I am looking at taking out half price muti-room with the code. If i got Sky and the multi room and they see i already have a Sky box in the living room would i get a free box for the bedroom or do i hide the living room box and get 2 free boxes?

I have no idea and am looking for advice on the best way to get the best deal for us!

Thanks!
Community Updates
MiscSky
11 Comments
Hi
I can't answer your question completely but when we wanted a free multi room box they wanted £150 for one. After being passed around they let us cancel the old contract which we was like 4 years old and sign up for another 12 months with a free 1 tb box.

So they will let you cancel and sign up again so its about the t&cs of the code. It might say not valid to household that have had sky within the last 12 months or so. Worth tracking down those t&cs. If they let you sign up and the multi room box is included in the price they should give it too you. You could pay extra for another multi room sub and have sky in three rooms using your existing box. Or you could be cheeky and say if you don't take the box can you have a months bill credited to your account, worth a try.

Hope this is helpful.
no reason why you couldnt cancel and start in a new name then just pull the old box out and get a full new system installed
Sky contracts are linked to an address, as well as an individual.
The address has nothing to do with it. If I have sky and move house does that mean a new tennant can't have sky put in? No
we did this, and they picked up that we had used sky in the house, I said we had just got divorced

all went through fine
You can always add A to your address as well as different name, been doing this past 5 years currently we are on the letter E lol
I used to work at SKY so might be of some help. Accounts are logged under PEOPLE, not houses. So it might only be valid for new customers this offer, if that is the case you will have to cancel (wait the standard 28 day cancellation time) and then get your partner of house-mate to phone up and join sky again. BUT BEWARE, they can sometimes clock onto things like this happening and black-list you, but only rarely does that happen from my experience.

Also, this will help you immensly. If you phone up and talk to someone who can't answer your question, hang up and phone back as you'll get a different CSR every time. The reason I suggest this is that I was put on the phones after 2, 6 hour sessions of training and they hire and fire like night and day. 70% of the people who work there are CLUELESS.

I'd never join them after working there. Ever.
Cancelled Sky got 50% off they messed me about so cancelled again now they are coming back with 75% off. Looks like they are becoming desperate. More access to online streaming services must be starting to hit their business. Cancel and if not immediately they will give you up to 75% off no problems. They even want me back even though i refused to pay them and they tried sending a collection agency after me and failed. Would not go back because with Netflix,USUnblock and on demand services elsewhere i can get what i need for cheaper than Sky could give it too me also without having to commit to a 12 month contract.

Watch out though the 50% off cost me £20.50 but the 75% off would cost me £19.50 minimum (They force you to take services you do not need with this offer)
Edited by: "newbie1001" 28th May 2012
Ahh forgot to say like the person above. Phone through to sales (quickest line you'll get through on) and just ask to be transfered to cancellations (if they tell you they can't transfer they're lying, they just have to try and keep their transfer stats down) when transfered ask to cancel and if thye ask why say you've got a new customer deal with Virgin media and they'll offer you something like 6 months half price if you take out another years contract, you might even be able to haggle in more as their job is to "save" customers. Bam done.
Original Poster
OK, Sky installed today!! Yes, the guy would not go in the loft, but did drill the loft wall, passed the cable throuhg to me and i driled my ceiling, passing the cable down to him - nice fit.

A couple more questions!!

He fitted a Sky+ in the living room and a standard box for multiroom. I have my old Sky+ box, can i now fit that in place of the standard box (the multiroom one)

Many thanks for all your help guys!

JamesClark1991

I used to work at SKY so might be of some help. Accounts are logged … I used to work at SKY so might be of some help. Accounts are logged under PEOPLE, not houses. So it might only be valid for new customers this offer, if that is the case you will have to cancel (wait the standard 28 day cancellation time) and then get your partner of house-mate to phone up and join sky again. BUT BEWARE, they can sometimes clock onto things like this happening and black-list you, but only rarely does that happen from my experience.Also, this will help you immensly. If you phone up and talk to someone who can't answer your question, hang up and phone back as you'll get a different CSR every time. The reason I suggest this is that I was put on the phones after 2, 6 hour sessions of training and they hire and fire like night and day. 70% of the people who work there are CLUELESS.I'd never join them after working there. Ever.

lol James you sound very bitter. Sky only fire folk for very good reasons hence if they arent good at their job. They have tightened up alot in the last year.

It also doesnt just go on people it also goes on addresses & who that person/address is linked finanically with again Sky have clamed down in the last few years to stop this from happening. There are a few who do slip through though.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants