Can I challenge this PCN?

Found 6th Nov 2017Edited by:"superspeedy"
So on 05-Nov-2017 (Sunday) I parked on Braybourne close, Uxbridge.

Upon returning to the car, I received a PCN from a civil enforcement officer with contravention code 12 - which means:

Parked in a residents' or shared use parking place without either clearly displaying a valid permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place, or without payment of the parking chargeWhere no resident or visitor permit or pay & display ticket valid for that parking place is displayed.

The signage states "Permit holders only 9 am - 10 pm".

I have previously parked on this road on sunday's when the sign was "Permit holders only Mon to Sat 9am - 5pm". However at some point they have extended the enforceable hours.

I think I am in the wrong, because i did not see the signage properly.

I also assume because they do not specify i.e. Mon-Sun which means it is in effect every day? which was another reason after i received the PCN that i assumed it was ok to park. However, i have seen in other areas where they specify Mon-Sun.

It is probably my fault for not checking but is there anyway i can challenge this?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
I ignore all parking tickets except council tickets.
Sorry, but from what you say, I believe they've got you bang to rights.
Changed around March - thegazette.co.uk/not…200
6. Extend the operational times of the Uxbridge North Parking Management Scheme Zone U1 in Braybourne Close, Uxbridge to operate '9.00am to 10.00pm everyday'
Edited by: "Ar460rn" 6th Nov 2017
Original Poster
Ar460rn1 h, 55 m ago

Changed around March - https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/27262006. …Changed around March - https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/27262006. Extend the operational times of the Uxbridge North Parking Management Scheme Zone U1 in Braybourne Close, Uxbridge to operate '9.00am to 10.00pm everyday'

Thanks for that...i did not know where to look for this information but its clear now...i'll have to pay it and just to think i was trying to save a couple of quid to not park in the official car park. Whatever happened to the good old days of parking anywhere you want.
Original Poster
Thanks all!
Think they have you there. The tricky one is when it says Mon-Fri, but you want to park bank holiday Monday, some councils are different.
rogparki1 h, 18 m ago

Wait for all the HUKD know it all lawyers saying ignore its just a …Wait for all the HUKD know it all lawyers saying ignore its just a hopeful invoice . Sorry the law changed , but the HUKD sheep haven't twigged that yet

It is funny that you use the sad face so often when you have just called a load of people sheep, which obviously makes you happy.
CoeK16 m ago

It is funny that you use the sad face so often when you have just called a …It is funny that you use the sad face so often when you have just called a load of people sheep, which obviously makes you happy.

Read too many comments from the know it all sheep on this subject over the years , despite the law changing ,the sheep still rush to tell members to ignore valid charges - to be fair I never know whether to laugh or cry at their ignorance
rogparki2 m ago

Read too many comments from the know it all sheep on this subject over the …Read too many comments from the know it all sheep on this subject over the years , despite the law changing ,the sheep still rush to tell members to ignore valid charges - to be fair I never know whether to laugh or cry at their ignorance

Nobody told him to ignore it
CoeK9 h, 55 m ago

Nobody told him to ignore it

you did !
Edited by: "rogparki" 7th Nov 2017
rogparki4 m ago

you did 1

Ah ok sorry, I didn't realise you were only semi-literate. Carry on then
CoeK5 h, 16 m ago

I ignore all parking tickets except council tickets.

do not listen to this advice, more parking companies take to court now

go onto pepipoo and ask there (read the rules prior - eg refer to as driver, and dont state any details that can identify you as or the keeper)
mattsk20 m ago

do not listen to this advice, more parking companies take to court nowgo …do not listen to this advice, more parking companies take to court nowgo onto pepipoo and ask there (read the rules prior - eg refer to as driver, and dont state any details that can identify you as or the keeper)

It wasn't advice.
CoeK8 m ago

It wasn't advice.

please do explain to all of us what what is then? pope's speech? annual budget ? christmas carol?
mattsk2 m ago

please do explain to all of us what what is then? pope's speech? annual …please do explain to all of us what what is then? pope's speech? annual budget ? christmas carol?

It was me telling the OP what I do in his situation. Is that not obvious. Anyone on here would be silly to give advice even if they were a lawyer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants