Groups

Can i change hospitals?

i am booked in to a hospital to give birth, but i really dont want to go there anymore. Can i change hospitals, if so how do i do this?

12 Comments

Just be sure to be near the hospital you want to go to when you go in labour!

Just ask your midwife when you go next, yes you can shange hospital, its a bore but its do-able!

you must speak to your midwife straight away so they cant say its too late as i changed mine

Original Poster

im only 3mths so they have plenty of time. The one nearest to me is the one i dont want go to.

You having a girl? If so get in my for sale thread lol....:) wish you all the best x

yeah you can change, as above just ask early, we wanted to change from burton to litchfield to have a water birth but they talked us out of it as it was our first and if any complications occured we would have had to be transfered back to burton as it's where the specialest staff are - glad we didn't in the end as burton is much closer & we were only in the hospital for 15mins when the baby arrived & that's from the carpark - we were only in the room for 7mins!!!

ah crazy days - seems so far away now & it's only been 20 months

Hope all goes well for you

Original Poster

worto03;3651645

yeah you can change, as above just ask early, we wanted to change from … yeah you can change, as above just ask early, we wanted to change from burton to litchfield to have a water birth but they talked us out of it as it was our first and if any complications occured we would have had to be transfered back to burton as it's where the specialest staff are - glad we didn't in the end as burton is much closer & we were only in the hospital for 15mins when the baby arrived & that's from the carpark - we were only in the room for 7mins!!!ah crazy days - seems so far away now & it's only been 20 months :)Hope all goes well for you

what is burton hospital like, i was thinking of using burton

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;3651593

You having a girl? If so get in my for sale thread lol....:) wish you all … You having a girl? If so get in my for sale thread lol....:) wish you all the best x

dont no what im having yet.

I changed my Hospital at 36 weeks and it was no problem, my midwife had to write to the new hospital and then I had to have a booking in appointment with them (which was weird at 37 weeks)
    Got my fantastic waterbirth in the end!

what is burton hospital like, i was thinking of using burton

It's had a fair amount of bad press & seems to come quite low in the tables from what I've heard but our experience there was brilliant - the staff were all really nice and they reacted very quickly to us turning up with the baby almost out already!

Litchfield is supposed to be very nice but they don't have much in the way of trained staff should anything unusual happen & it's a long drive back to burton for that if need be.

hope this helps a little.

worto.

worto.

Original Poster

thanx a few people have told me how nice Burton is.

Banned

feel sorry for you ladies having to give birth, sounds/looks all too painful ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cracked windscreen, is it safe and legal to drive?89
      2. Samsung or Hisense22
      3. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?35
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?712

See more discussions