Can I check if an Xbox One game code is unused without access to an Xbox console?

Anybody help? Thanks

9 Comments

Original Poster

mranderson1971

https://redeem.microsoft.com/enter?ref=xboxcom&wa=wsignin1.0

Thanks. It says "Redeem your code or gift card" and add it to your account.
So will it automatically add it to my account which is not what I want to do as I just want to check if it's valid before I pass it on.
If I do add it to my account can I transfer it to another account?

Agharta

Thanks. It says "Redeem your code or gift card" and add it to your … Thanks. It says "Redeem your code or gift card" and add it to your account.So will it automatically add it to my account which is not what I want to do as I just want to check if it's valid before I pass it on.If I do add it to my account can I transfer it to another account?

​It won't redeem unless you press confirm, it will tell what the code is valid for after you enter the cod, but won't redeem automatically.

Original Poster

Pacman786

​It won't redeem unless you press confirm, it will tell what the code is v … ​It won't redeem unless you press confirm, it will tell what the code is valid for after you enter the cod, but won't redeem automatically.

I've read that you have to confirm on the actual console but with the website it adds it after you click the Redeem button so there is no way to check it without adding it.

Agharta

I've read that you have to confirm on the actual console but with the … I've read that you have to confirm on the actual console but with the website it adds it after you click the Redeem button so there is no way to check it without adding it.

It does work, I can confirm this method as it's the way I do it, even to check codes without redeeming, I have done so.

On both console and website it prompts you to confirm redemption before it actually uses the code on your account.

Original Poster

Thanks people. I copied and pasted the code and it confirmed the status without having to click Redeem. This is a great community at times.

Agharta

Thanks people. I copied and pasted the code and it confirmed the status … Thanks people. I copied and pasted the code and it confirmed the status without having to click Redeem. This is a great community at times.

​At times. Glad we could help.

Lucky you did not have a xbox to check, as it just redeems it automatically on there.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
    2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
    3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
    4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions