Expired

Can I connect my freeview box to my virgin/sky satellite dish?

Found 29th Nov 2014
I have cancelled my virgin media subscription and returned my box.

Can I connect my freeview box to the virgin cable to get freeview channels or get the dish retuned?

I also had sky at the property so can I use the sky satellite dish to my freeview box without the sky box?
Community Updates
11 Comments
do Virgin have satellite
Original Poster
waynersheridan

do Virgin have satellite

good point. i always assumed they did like sky but they have fibre optics cable?
If its virgin cable then no, if its a satellite dish then you need a freesat box not a freeview box.
Original Poster
Argoj

If its virgin cable then no, if its a satellite dish then you need a … If its virgin cable then no, if its a satellite dish then you need a freesat box not a freeview box.

freesat box will connect to satellite dishes? would i need to retune my sky dish or virgin dish or would the box just work?
mutley1

freesat box will connect to satellite dishes? would i need to retune my … freesat box will connect to satellite dishes? would i need to retune my sky dish or virgin dish or would the box just work?

Dear god.
Original Poster
craigstephens

Dear god.

i am not interested in your prayers. i am only interested in the answer!
You need a freesat or sky box to pair with sky sat dish.
You can't do anything with the virgin cable (unless you get a chipped box)
You need a standard aerial to your TV/freeview box for freeview.

Hope that clears it up for you.
Original Poster
Teezgaff

You need a freesat or sky box to pair with sky sat dish.You can't do … You need a freesat or sky box to pair with sky sat dish.You can't do anything with the virgin cable (unless you get a chipped box)You need a standard aerial to your TV/freeview box for freeview.Hope that clears it up for you.

this makes sense thanks.
If it helps mutley1, I have a freesat box and a sky box connected up to the same dish.
Original Poster
barco

If it helps mutley1, I have a freesat box and a sky box connected up to … If it helps mutley1, I have a freesat box and a sky box connected up to the same dish.

thanks.
Bear in mind that if you only have one cable coming from your dish but you buy a twin tuner freesat box, it'll limit your ability to record more than one programme at a time or your ability to watch one programme while you record another. You'd need two cables connected to your box to be able to do that.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants