Can i connect wirelessly to a Power line adapter ?

Banned 10 replies
Found 11th Dec 2016
Can i connect wirelessly to a Power line adapter (TP-LINK 600) or do i have to to use a wall pass through router(TP-LINK 300)
argos.co.uk/pro…734
argos.co.uk/pro…575?rec=webRespPDP:5742734:alt:CWVTPUBOOT:4139575

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

Neither, you need a set of powerlines with a built-in Wi-fi access point on one of them.

That router doesn't include powerline functionality as far as I can see, it would only operate as a bog standard range extender.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 11th Dec 2016

The adapter would have to be connected to a wireless point unless it has one built in.

The tp link 600 is lan based so cable only.
The tp link 300 will allow you to connect wirelessly as it is a wifi range extender that will connect to your router.

lol, quick replies!

Original Poster Banned

EndlessWaves

Neither, you need a set of powerlines with a built-in Wi-fi access point … Neither, you need a set of powerlines with a built-in Wi-fi access point on one of them. That router doesn't include powerline functionality as far as I can see, it would only operate as a bog standard range extender.

would i be able to connect a router to this(TP-LINK 600) to create a wireless signal at the end

You need Wifi extended range.
Powerline adapter is no wire direct cable

skyarsenal

would i be able to connect a router to this(TP-LINK 600) to create a … would i be able to connect a router to this(TP-LINK 600) to create a wireless signal at the end

If by 'this' you mean the first link then it does create a network connection and can be plugged into a router but doesn't posses a wi-fi radio so you'd need to connect a wi-fi access point to the other end to connect wi-fi devices through it.

If you want a wireless access point connected to the router over powerline you need something like this:
argos.co.uk/pro…575

Original Poster Banned

EndlessWaves

If by 'this' you mean the first link then it does create a network … If by 'this' you mean the first link then it does create a network connection and can be plugged into a router but doesn't posses a wi-fi radio so you'd need to connect a wi-fi access point to the other end to connect wi-fi devices through it. If you want a wireless access point connected to the router over powerline you need something like this:http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5585575

thanks for your help mate

Google it

Original Poster Banned

callummc93

Google it

oooh someone hurt your feelings
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition66709
    2. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43
    4. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers44

See more discussions