Expired

can i edit an ebay listing if it only has 3 hours to go? advice needed

17 replies
Found 15th Mar 2009
please help asap, need to add a comment to my listing, but it wont let me, im selling a watch and just noticed the date has stuck on it, it sems fine now but thought i'd mention it on my listing as it is an expensive watch. only thing is, it wont let me as there is only 3 hours left - what should i do?

17 Comments

nope you can't, only before last 12 hours

Banned

You can cancel the auction and relist though

Original Poster

US1;4645013

You can cancel the auction and relist though

is that what you would do? will i be charged anything?

only initial listing fee

or when the buyer wins , message them and give them a chance to pull out as you can then always offer it to next higest bidder

But if watch gonna sell for a lot , i would cancel listing and get it fixed first, otherwise you leaving yaself open to a chargeback, dispute w/e if buyer cant get it fixed

Original Poster

DIVA1977;4645034

or when the buyer wins , message them and give them a chance to pull out … or when the buyer wins , message them and give them a chance to pull out as you can then always offer it to next higest bidder

if i do that and no one wants to go ahead, will i then be charged a final value fee?

its easilly sorted out - it needs a service but its quite expensive. if id known i would have said this on the listing - typical!

If you know anyone else with an Ebay account they could ask you a question and you could put this info in the reply. Then at least it would appear in the listing and give people some idea of the problem. Just a thought.

Original Poster

Jefflan22;4645062

If you know anyone else with an Ebay account they could ask you a … If you know anyone else with an Ebay account they could ask you a question and you could put this info in the reply. Then at least it would appear in the listing and give people some idea of the problem. Just a thought.

that crossed my mind - but got no one to ask

Original Poster

do you think its better to relist?

Entirely up to you. If you want to do the question thing, pm me the item number and how you would like me to word it and I'll be happy to ask.

Original Poster

Jefflan22;4645148

Entirely up to you. If you want to do the question thing, pm me the item … Entirely up to you. If you want to do the question thing, pm me the item number and how you would like me to word it and I'll be happy to ask.

done, thank you x

I would cancel the auction,Even if you were to edit it people may have already bidded and may not see the edit/question before it finshes, Even if you tell the winning bidder before they pay you will come across as a conman trying to sell something broken,

All done.
Your very welcome.
Hope it helps

I'd relist, saves you the hassle

Original Poster

Jefflan22;4645235

All done.Your very welcome.Hope it helps

really appreciate your help, many thanks x rep given :thumbsup:

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;4645573

I found the lisitng, was not that hard I know ebay quite well. That … I found the lisitng, was not that hard I know ebay quite well. That info NEEDS to be on the listing. If someone snipes at the last minute and wins on that listing they have a valid calim for SNAD against you. I don't understand why it's still active really :thinking:

thanks for your concern but ive got it sorted. appreciate you help :thumbsup:

Original Poster

sold with full explination to buyer - even thanked for my honesty, thanks for all your help guys x

can mods please lock now?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604800
    2. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608652
    3. Coming up to bonfire night ...2128
    4. New bladerunner1959

See more discussions