Can i get a mortgage while my wife is on maternity leave?

Found 4th Aug 2009
As above, Google offers not a lot of help on this!!

With it taking into account her salary, obviously i know i could get one just off mine!!

9 Comments

You should be able to get one, but not sure if it would be an allowance worked out on her normal wages or her maternity pay. Mortgages take lots into account, Working tax credits, child tax credits, child benefit, any stable income is used to calculate your income for mortgage purposes.

It would be worth popping into an estate agents that have a mortgage advisor, they will look at several mortgage providers to get you the best deal, unlike if you went to our own bank.

Original Poster

ok, thanks

Banned

Try Birmingham Midshires, they give good help with those little problem mortgages.
I used them to get a buy to let...rule you must already have a property to do this. I was in tied property Yep they help very very good.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::-D:santa:

I don't see why you shouldn't

We got a mortgage when I was about 12 weeks pregnant with our first, told them I was expecting.

We then had a further advance when I was on maternity leave with our second

That's with The Derbyshire (now part of Nationwide)

Banned

Mijooly;5933555

I don't see why you shouldn'tWe got a mortgage when I was about 12 weeks … I don't see why you shouldn'tWe got a mortgage when I was about 12 weeks pregnant with our first, told them I was expecting.We then had a further advance when I was on maternity leave with our secondThat's with The Derbyshire (now part of Nationwide)

What happens if the person says after .............No Im not returning to work.:whistling::oops::thumbsup:

End of the day it's worth popping in,take maybe half hour to do or so depending where you go,there are online calculators but I found them way off compared to when we went into branch etc.

Original Poster

Yeah, i don't think the amount we need will be too much of a stretch, but based on both of our earnings!

sancho1983;5933883

Yeah, i don't think the amount we need will be too much of a stretch, but … Yeah, i don't think the amount we need will be too much of a stretch, but based on both of our earnings!

If you do happen to be a bit short at 1 providor,do try elsewhere. It wasn't needed in my case but I found Alliance & Leicester the maximum offer was £9K more than Halifax,and that bit extra can make all the difference for some people.

Original Poster

Went to the mortgage advisor earlier and the answer appears to be yes!!
Post a comment
@
    Text