Can I get my cars service history from the dealer?

Found 4th Jan 2012
I'm selling my car and I've listed in in a few places with full service history. I knew I didn't always get my little book stamped but I believed I had all the invoices and health check sheets from the dealer services.

Anyway I've searched the house and I'm missing a few, all services bar 2 were carried out at the same ford dealer, one of the others was the same dealer at a different location and the last was an independent garage.

How likely are the ford dealership to print these out or stamp the service book for me? I read online mercedes do it for £35, I'd hope ford would do it cheaper.

Anyone know?

1. Misc
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Car
6 Comments

given that you haven't missed 2 consecutive stamps you should be alright ad the pedantic ones who look at the book would be able to judge it.

Original Poster

what exactly is considered full service history anyway when selling cars?

just proof that it has been serviced at the correct intervals, preferably by the dealership?

markeh

what exactly is considered full service history anyway when selling … what exactly is considered full service history anyway when selling cars?just proof that it has been serviced at the correct intervals, preferably by the dealership?

usually the stamps in the book and that can be cross-referenced with invoices and MOTs, though frauds can easily obtain new books and stamps.

The main purpose is to verify the mileage.

Original Poster

oh ok I'll give them a call anyway to see if they will do the missing stamps, all the mot things with the mileage are here too.

thanks for the info

If it is advertised as having a " full service history " you need to have documented evidence to support that statement.

Original Poster

Inactive

If it is advertised as having a " full service history " you need to have … If it is advertised as having a " full service history " you need to have documented evidence to support that statement.

yea I know, I just got ahead of myself

anyhow happy ending I phoned them and they said go to any dealership and they will be able to stamp it up, went to the one beside burger king X)

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants