Groups

Can I get my mail redirected??

Banned
    I have family friends in America and they often send me clothing over which is cheaper to buy in America rather than England. I did however forget to give them my new University address and they have duly sent the package to my old address.

Is there any way of changing where the package is sent to? As it will be rather difficult going to my old accomodation to retrieve it and plus someone may have already seen it and nicked off with it.

Rep given to all helpers.

Thanks guys
    David

10 Comments

You can do it on the post office website.

]Here

Contact ]Royal Mail (and maybe ask your Postman, he should know). If you slip him a few quid he might be willing to pass it on to a trustworthy neighbour.

If it has already been sent then I don't think there is much you can do.

Best to speak to the Post Office (maybe your local sorting office) directly.

Banned

Also royal mail website - think it costs around 15 pounds to do so though
    royalmail.com/por…021

he's right go to the web site and do it....dont forget anybody can re-direct post from one address to another..no security involved at all...this is how the scammers work...they redirect your mail...steal your identity and go on a spending spree all because royal mail have no security at all......

Original Poster Banned

I think this is my best option."For a small additional fee, we can hold mail sent to your old address until your Redirection has been set up. Please call 08457 740 740 for more information".

I will try and get them to hold it at my local sorting office and collect it from there. It should be another week before arrival, but I feel its best to get it organised now. The £7.35 one month rate is also an option but for one parcel this is seen as a bit steep.

Its now time to update my friends across the pond with my revised University address.

Thanks guys, rep given!!

rob585;4062705

he's right go to the web site and do it....dont forget anybody can … he's right go to the web site and do it....dont forget anybody can re-direct post from one address to another..no security involved at all...this is how the scammers work...they redirect your mail...steal your identity and go on a spending spree all because royal mail have no security at all......

really! i,ll take you to work with me this afternoon and see if you get past the gate lol
    is this another royalmail flogging post

rob585;4062705

he's right go to the web site and do it....dont forget anybody can … he's right go to the web site and do it....dont forget anybody can re-direct post from one address to another..no security involved at all...this is how the scammers work...they redirect your mail...steal your identity and go on a spending spree all because royal mail have no security at all......

Eh? thats a load of ****
    postoffice.co.uk/por…253

Original Poster Banned

If the item is shipped with USPS, will they pass it on to royal mail?? Or do they have their own courier?

Original Poster Banned

Bump!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 391515
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card22
      3. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION11
      4. wharf comp - win a michael grant watch - email entry only33

See more discussions