Can I get my Xbox 360 to connect to my Mikomi LCD15796F?

Found 10th Jan
Hi. I'm trying to get my Xbox 360 (yep still not bought the next gen) to do the impossible by linking it to a Mikomi tv. So far it hasn't worked and it would be nice if anyone can help.

I can't find anything on the net about the model, except for this hotukdeals post: hotukdeals.com/dea…521

If you'd like to skip that, here is the info I know and I can give ((embarrassed)): This tv has 5 sockets in 2 groups for the xbox cable; group 1 consists of yellow, white and red and group 2 white and red. Getting the first group done is easy and the second I've tried different combos, but still the xbox doesn't connect. Anyone know what to do? Do I have to buy another cable that will work? (hdmi cable?)

Flat out no or am I doing something wrong?
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Could you upload a photo off the inputs on the TV (back of the TV set).

Also does your Xbox 360 have a hdmi slot or is it the model with the dedicated 360 cable (looks like a scart lead).
Original Poster
kos1c19 m ago

Could you upload a photo off the inputs on the TV (back of the TV set). …Could you upload a photo off the inputs on the TV (back of the TV set). Also does your Xbox 360 have a hdmi slot or is it the model with the dedicated 360 cable (looks like a scart lead).

Yep. It's the first elite xbox, with the scart and 6 plugs at the end of it.

33036118-m7hNF.jpg

No green n blue as you can see.
Edited by: "consume" 10th Jan
consume32 m ago

Yep. It's the first elite xbox, with the scart and 6 plugs at the end of …Yep. It's the first elite xbox, with the scart and 6 plugs at the end of it. [Image] No green n blue as you can see.

33036348.jpgIf memory serves me correctly. You want the right most red and white pins along with the yellow pin.

The other 3 are for wider range of image outputs (hd).
Edited by: "kos1c" 10th Jan
33036381-Qtjyq.jpgTaken off the net.

This is the standard Xbox 360 A/V cable that comes with the premium version of the Xbox 360. The wide silver end connects to your Xbox 360 while the other end connects to your TV. The Yellow (video) cable is for standard, non-HDTV sets. You will also use the Red+White audio cables for a standard set. If you have a newer TV or an HDTV set, you can use the Red+Green+Blue video connections along with the Red+White audio connections.

Newer model Xbox 360 systems also have HDMI connections, which is what we recommend instead of using a composite of component cables. HDMI connects with just a single cable from your HDTV to Xbox 360 to deliver audio as well as video.
Original Poster
ding13 m ago

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/console/connect-xbox-360-console-tv

Why didn't I look for this in the first place?

Taken from the website:

Step 1: Set the switch on the A/V connector for your TV or monitor:
  • High definition: Set to HDTV.
  • Standard: Set to TV.
Note Set the switch to HDTV only if your TV or monitor supports a screen resolution of 480p or higher.

Step 2: Connect the connectors on the component HD A/V cable to the corresponding colour input jacks on the TV. On a high-definition TV, if the cable has a yellow RCA composite video connector, leave it disconnected.Note To connect to a standard TV, use only the yellow, red and white connectors. Do not use the other connectors.

Step 3: Connect the A/V connector on the component HD A/V cable to the A/V port on the console.
Step 4: Turn on the TV and console.

YES.

It's worked! Thanks guys!
Edited by: "consume" 10th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions