Groups

Can I get out of 02 Contract??

Hi All,

I took out an 02 contract with mobiles.co.uk at the beginning of the month for my wife, which included 600mins, unlimited texts for £25 per month with the LG BL40.

I rang 02 to find out if I could change my bolt on to unlimited internet instead of texts and they said thats no problem (this was before I got the handset) then I ring up after and they said no, I would have to pay extra.

I then had to send the handset back as it was faulty.

Can I get out of this contract at all and if so how? Ideally my wife wants unlimited internet for same sort of money.

Many Thanks

22 Comments

If you're out of the cooling off period with mobiles.co.uk (7 days I think), then no you're tied to the contract for the minimum you signed for, sorry.

Original Poster

Thought as much. I think the thing thats annoyed me is that 02 said it wont be a problem with the internet then when I call back they said I have to pay extra.

Dont suppose anyone knows any1 in 02 who can sort this for me?

Ring up again, im sure you can change bolt on ! CS are muppets though.......

Original Poster

When I last rang them they said cos it was a promo deal (?) with mobiles.co.uk they couldnt change the bolt on cos technically it was not classed as a bolt on apparently, but thats not what mobiles.co.uk said!?

I think the issue maybe due to dealer packages.

When you called O2 first, did you tell them you were buying through a dealer ?

Dealer talk time packages are set for each dealer and can't be changed on the system, they're locked. If you bought from O2 direct then they can mix and match the bundles and swap them around.

Original Poster

When I rang 1st time I said I will be buying the package from mobiles.co.uk and explained that I didnt really need unlimited texts and they said when I get the package just give them a call and they would swap it over!!!

You're issue may be with mobiles.co.uk. Speak to them and see if they can help, if not try speaking to Consumer Direct/Trading Standards (08454 04 05 06).

Write to this address:

O2 Complaint Review Service
    PO BOX 302
    DUNSTABLE
    LU6 9GN

Or e-mail [email protected]

Go on the customer service issues you have which is that you were told one thing and now thats not true.

I deal with complaints against telephone companies and thats what we'd advise here.

Original Poster

Ok, I will give that a try!!!

Wish me luck!!!

Thanks (rep added)

Original Poster

Just spoken with 02 customer service.

Apparently mobiles.co.uk sold me a tariff called a bonus tariff. The unlimited texts can be removed and unlimited internet can be added but that means all texts will have to be paid for.

Alternatively I will have to pay £7.50 to add the bolt on each month!!!!

Now onto mobiles.co.uk.

Banned

About the only guaranteed way is

dying I´m afraid

hope this helps

Original Poster

toshapetriji;6703063

About the only guaranteed way isdying I´m afraidhope this helps

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!!!

Banned

toshapetriji:About the only guaranteed way isdying I´m afraidhope this … toshapetriji:About the only guaranteed way isdying I´m afraidhope this helpsThanks for the help, much appreciated!!!

No need to thank me it was a pleasure

really

TJ26;6702981

Just spoken with 02 customer service.Apparently mobiles.co.uk sold me a … Just spoken with 02 customer service.Apparently mobiles.co.uk sold me a tariff called a bonus tariff. The unlimited texts can be removed and unlimited internet can be added but that means all texts will have to be paid for.Alternatively I will have to pay £7.50 to add the bolt on each month!!!!Now onto mobiles.co.uk.

But isn't that what you asked for in the first place ? If you change the text bundle for the unlimited internet bundle obviously it's going to cost to send texts...

Original Poster

No on the 02 website if you change from unlimited texts to unlimited internet the texts will go back to a standard tariff with 500 texts included.

! rang 02 to find out if I could change my bolt on to unlimited internet … ! rang 02 to find out if I could change my bolt on to unlimited internet instead of texts and they said thats no problem (this was before I got the handset) then I ring up after and they said no, I would have to pay extra.

to be fair....how you have wrote this gives the impression you didnt ask about the costs in the first call.....they were right saying you could change, because you can, if you pay lol

TJ26;6704639

No on the 02 website if you change from unlimited texts to unlimited … No on the 02 website if you change from unlimited texts to unlimited internet the texts will go back to a standard tariff with 500 texts included.

That's the case if you buy a contract from O2 direct, but you've bought it from mobiles.co.uk and dealer talk plans are different to plans bought direct from the network.

steve1221;6704746

That's the case if you buy a contract from O2 direct, but you've bought … That's the case if you buy a contract from O2 direct, but you've bought it from mobiles.co.uk and dealer talk plans are different to plans bought direct from the network.

+1 - This is sounding more and more like an issue you need to deal direct with mobiles.co.uk with.

Banned

600 mins and unlimited texts is a standard tarriff - nothing to do with bolt-ons

if you want an unlimited web bolt-on then you have to pay - same as everyone else!

or if you change the texts to web, then texts will cost!

seems you want your cake and eat it?

Banned

TJ26;6704639

No on the 02 website if you change from unlimited texts to unlimited … No on the 02 website if you change from unlimited texts to unlimited internet the texts will go back to a standard tariff with 500 texts included.

but you didnt get it from O2

Banned

oh and the short answer to the original question in the OP is no

well you can but you will need to pay them £25 for every month left of the contract

Original Poster

Thanks all for your kind helpful replies. Much appreciated.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927367
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2344
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047133
      4. Spotify Family Premium share718

See more discussions