Can I get out of my Virgin Media Contract ?

Found 28th Dec 2012
Hey I have had nothing but problems with my virgin media, and given them the opportunity to rectify the issues and they have done nothing.

First: My 60mb broadband goes down about 3 times a week, and have been told since day one that they are aware of the issues and are sorting them, then my internet was down all day xmas day, and my 2 little girls had MP3 players, and I was not able to get music for them or skype my family in Canada, which I do every year.

I have logged about 30 calls, and I have had enough.

Also the Tivo box keeps changing my recordings from New shows only to new and reruns, even though I keep changing it back.

I feel as I have paid for a service that I hardly get to use, surely they should let me out of the contract.

I sent them a 2 page complaint letter 2 weeks ago and sent via email, which I never got a response.

What do you think my legal right are, and oh to boot they increased my payments by 5.00 a month, so its now 76.00 p/m

Any help would be great, as I am going to call them today to cancel and stop my direct debit.

Thanks for your advice, as I am at my wits end with them and should have never left sky
Community Updates
15 Comments
leave/cancel - they will then offer you a discount and then you can argue the fact that your paying for a poor service - maybe get 2months free by giving them a trial period to fix or off!

but that mostly depends on how long you've had your existing contract???
Edited by: "philphil61" 28th Dec 2012
Not worth getting so upset about just cancel and change
my net kept going down got a manager I know to sort was lucky that got all sorted. But he said when they check net from there side an there's no signal I could cancel as they had broke there side of deal
also £76 seems a lot I pay £47 for all except sky sports and films
By all means ring them but do not stop your direct debit if they do not agree as they will just pass this onto collection agencies. If they have not responded or rectified the problems you are having ask them to send you a deadlock letter, request this via recorded delivery snail mail. Once you have this or nor reply in 14 days pass you complaint on to ISPA of which Virgin are members, Details on the link below.

ispreview.co.uk/new…php
wow and i thought i was getting ripped off at £54 a month
76.00 Is unlimited calls abroad and day or night calls here and free mobile and 0844 and 0871 numbers
second room with HD.

I have sent them a letter but no response, I will call them and advise I will be cancelling, if they try charge me or refuse then I guess I will have to log a complaint with that link ARGOJ, Thanks for that.

Hand on heart, there is not a week that goes by that my internet is down for 24 -72 hours and when I call there is a message on their system saying there is a problem in my postcode.

Engineer been out and eveything is fine my end, and he said they have been aware of the problems since march, and they have logged with their upper tier dept. but they have failed to act.
£76.00 p/m - WTF! oO

Problems aside, if you got the price increase letter you can cancel.

If you do not wish to be bound by these changes you can cancel your … If you do not wish to be bound by these changes you can cancel your contract with us without penalty. The process to be followed is set out in our terms and conditions at virginmedia.com/legalstuff

Edited by: "Keer-en" 28th Dec 2012
canada16

I can as well, thanks KEER-EN … I can as well, thanks KEER-EN http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2234015/Virgin-Media-hikes-prices-4-2million-line-rental-phone-broadband-TV--paying-nearly-10-more.html

No problem.

Let us know how you get on. I am lucky enough not to have any bother but used that line to get £4 off my already reasonable monthly bill.
I just called on my lunch, and they said I used 250gb last month, I said so you cut my internet off because of this, he said no.

I asked why mention it then, I download video clips, cough cough, and music and iplayer, so it all adds up.

Also mentioned what you said KEER-EN and he said I was right, so gave my 30 days notice and they are picking everything back up on the 28th.. HAPPY DAYS, Back to sky were I had no troubles. Yes its only 13mb Broadband, but my line never went down.

Thanks again KEER-EN
canada16

I just called on my lunch, and they said I used 250gb last month, I said … I just called on my lunch, and they said I used 250gb last month, I said so you cut my internet off because of this, he said no. I asked why mention it then, I download video clips, cough cough, and music and iplayer, so it all adds up.Also mentioned what you said KEER-EN and he said I was right, so gave my 30 days notice and they are picking everything back up on the 28th.. HAPPY DAYS, Back to sky were I had no troubles. Yes its only 13mb Broadband, but my line never went down. Thanks again KEER-EN

Good stuff, glad you got it sorted! I hope you have no issues with Sky.
I am sick of it quite often they tell me its because i use it at the wrong time of day, I asked what is the right time of the day, they couldn't tell me. I use it mostly in the early hours i don't download anything just use it for face-book. Recently my phone line went off their system said it was my equipment but after a while and 3 different phone to check it later they booked an engineer to come out this Monday ( the phone went down last Thursday) as the appointment neared the allotted time ( 10 minutes before arrival) he had already been but not to me to the guy who had the number i have before me and i asked them if i could keep my old number the person i was talking to said i couldn't but another person suggested i should have kept my old number and from day 1 have receive call for the guy who had the number before me and if the line does get fixed i have all his calls to look forward to. I am a bit miffed with it all i have been a virgin customer since the were telewest (that's the northwest area)
daveyboy186

I am sick of it quite often they tell me its because i use it at the … I am sick of it quite often they tell me its because i use it at the wrong time of day, I asked what is the right time of the day, they couldn't tell me. I use it mostly in the early hours i don't download anything just use it for face-book. Recently my phone line went off their system said it was my equipment but after a while and 3 different phone to check it later they booked an engineer to come out this Monday ( the phone went down last Thursday) as the appointment neared the allotted time ( 10 minutes before arrival) he had already been but not to me to the guy who had the number i have before me and i asked them if i could keep my old number the person i was talking to said i couldn't but another person suggested i should have kept my old number and from day 1 have receive call for the guy who had the number before me and if the line does get fixed i have all his calls to look forward to. I am a bit miffed with it all i have been a virgin customer since the were telewest (that's the northwest area)

You've reserected a nearly 3 year old thread....might be worth starting a new one
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants