Groups

Can I get Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow on 2DS?

Hiya,

I've not played Pokemon for a long time! I've been gaming for 20 years on PC and Xbox but my children have decided to ask for Pokemon on the DS this xmas, so I've gone and got myself one to join in with them. My husband has gotten me the Pokemon Moon 2DS with game installed at my request, but I would really like to go retro and one of the originals. I can see on Nintendo site that you can download them, but it says 3DS.

Can I download it on 2DS too? My husband won't let me have it until Christmas so I can't see :(.

9 Comments

all 3ds games work on 2ds hope this helps

Yep - there's even a set of 'special edition' 2DS systems with one of the games bundled and pre-installed.

Here's the blue variant, for example: amazon.co.uk/Nin…0YE

Original Poster

Illusionary

Yep - there's even a set of 'special edition' 2DS systems with one of the … Yep - there's even a set of 'special edition' 2DS systems with one of the games bundled and pre-installed.Here's the blue variant, for example: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Transparent-Coloured-Buttons-preinstalled/dp/B01B7D00YE

I did see those, but they're pretty expensive, haha! Oh I feel so old! Blue was my first pokemon game, I still have the game and the gameboy colour that I played it on!

Original Poster

wozukSilencer

Thats what I thought, just hoping it's the same for the downloads

sure is, everything works the same, cartridge or downloads.

Original Poster

tridentmorph1

sure is, everything works the same, cartridge or downloads.

Thank you!

wozukSilencer

Just to clarify, I believe there are a small number of 3DS only titles, though the large majority are fine.

get an emulator on your phone. you can play anywhere then.

You can download red/blue/yellow from the E store on the 2ds
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***620
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1014
      3. What would be HELL to you?1819
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767291

See more discussions