Groups

Can I glue Lego Dimentions?

My son recently got Lego dimensions and lots of add on sets, within a day of building the portal was dropped and had to built again, Whilst I love building the Lego with him it's frustrating to keep rebuilding it, can I glue any of it to stop this happening? Tia ☺️

13 Comments

The big stuff they built they use super glue to keep together. Never tried myself but when I stick plastic I use... Hard plastic glue... Try it, but it won't come apart when dry.

For sure, as above they use it when they build the giant models. Just make sure you're doing everything right and obviously don't let your son near it while it's drying!

Though you dont need to really do it, be aware the game tells you to rearrange and rebuild sections of the portal throughout the story

I got fed up of having to rebuild the thing! Put the pieces in the box and left the pad out, siblings aren't bothered

As far as I remember correctly from a scientific movie I watched recently (I think it was called Lego Movie), glue is only meant to be used by certain people with higher titles and positions to stick the Lego pieces together. Normally you need to be a "Lord" and do "Business" to be entitled to do it.

Nothing like a bit of kragle to keep lego in place

Original Poster

Lol

mixmixi

As far as I remember correctly from a scientific movie I watched recently … As far as I remember correctly from a scientific movie I watched recently (I think it was called Lego Movie), glue is only meant to be used by certain people with higher titles and positions to stick the Lego pieces together. Normally you need to be a "Lord" and do "Business" to be entitled to do it.

Edited by: "xx_dyer_xx" 3rd Jan

Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies much appreciated. sonicez95 I did wonder if this might be the case so glad I asked here, I'll hold off for now maybe we need better storage to stop it breaking. Thanks again

Isn't the point of Lego to enjoy the making and re-making of objects?

My children got some Lego sets for Christmas and in my view are too young for it. I sat and made the objects according to the prescription instructions (which incidentally has no creativity compared to back in the day when the fun was in creating your own designs) and they played with the finished articles, complaining when they inevitably came apart. A non-Lego toy similar to the finished article would have been a far better choice.

I probably sound like a grumpy old man, but the point of Lego seems to have become very diluted over time.

I would definitely suggest not gluing them from the amount of times you will rebuild the dimensions toys so many times :P
    I have considered using something like bluetack to keep things better adhered

SuffolkLad222

Isn't the point of Lego to enjoy the making and re-making of objects? My … Isn't the point of Lego to enjoy the making and re-making of objects? My children got some Lego sets for Christmas and in my view are too young for it. I sat and made the objects according to the prescription instructions (which incidentally has no creativity compared to back in the day when the fun was in creating your own designs) and they played with the finished articles, complaining when they inevitably came apart. A non-Lego toy similar to the finished article would have been a far better choice.I probably sound like a grumpy old man, but the point of Lego seems to have become very diluted over time.

Sadly, nearly all modern Lego kits are "build one model"; so more like a MineCraft version of Airfix.

You can still buy boxes of the basic bricks, but the kits are what Lego push.

BTW, the patent on Lego has expired, so there are now several 100% compatible alternatives that are a lot cheaper..

https://johnthetoyshopguy.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/lord-business-and-the-kragle.jpg

Name an alternative to lego dimensions!!! Or lego land or batman lego on PS4 or collectible star Wars mini figures???? Only buy real from the gecko
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1649
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1525
      3. Important info for Ryanair customers1825
      4. word association Game73944491

See more discussions