Can I have a moan please.?..........EBAY! !!!! I am so mad.

My ebay name is or should I say was. ts9658. I have never ever had any problems until recently when I bought two clothes items from someone that said one item would be £3.50 P/P and they would reduce for additional items. Well I won them both very reasonably but when it came down to paying she wanted £6.50 postage and would not come down from that. I refused to pay that much but was still polite and said I would pay £4.00. Now, today she has got me suspended! I am so mad, I have used Ebay for years with no trouble at all. I have 100% feedback with over 700 transactions. How can I be suspended over this? I rang Ebay and they can see my point but say I have to sort it out with the seller, which of course I have had no luck and I refuse to pay £6.50. What do you all think I should do? Any advice would be greatly received, I really did not deserve this which my feedback shows. Help!

34 Comments

Banned

what does their listing say for postage?

Seems strange that you should be suspended overy this tbh?? that terrible,:x

Banned

ebay ... pah the sperm of the devil

its annoying, i bought 2 bikinis from 1 seller asking £2.50 postage each, but refused to combine postage, it dont cost £5 to post 2 bikinis grrrr lol

Original Poster

It said £3.50 plus reduced postage for additional items.

oops anyway i thought you got warnings for this kind of thing before a suspension? seems harsh for 1st offence

Banned

never heard of them suspending someone for not paying, strange

I imagine you're suspended because you have had too many NPB alerts filed against you.

wasn't aware you could ring ebay,got the number for future reference please ? I always get grief like this, sorry not really sure what you can do, maybe just pay it and learn from it.

Original Poster

Its on the opening page of ebay now, customer services, it's not limited to anyone.

Original Poster

I have never had a strike before :x

Just dont use ebay, I hate it. They always stick up for the seller.

pay for it, let her leave you a pozzi, then leave her big fat negative in capital letters and mark all the stats to 1 star, surely ruining there rep forever is worth £3.50

tinkerbell28;4658665

:thumbsup:It's only allowed to be used by people who have been authorised … :thumbsup:It's only allowed to be used by people who have been authorised they check your id first it's not supposed to be given out :thumbsup:

so how do you get selected/authorised ?

can you not show Ebay the bit that says will reduce postage costs for combined parcels-she is lying if she then doesn't do it-doesn't that make her breaking the terms of her listing-also if you have an email confirming she will reduce costs-can you forward that?

What a nightmare !

bend over and take it

they can do whatever they wants to

dog_cop;4658616

ebay ... pah the sperm of the devil

heres one baby who isnt knocking ebay

First eBay millionaire
dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

as for o/p

cant believe ebay is siding with seller

as others have said

leave her a big fat neg:thumbsup:

As tinks said if she asked for 7 pounds postage well in actual fact it was 6.50 then you ought to get back onto ebay about that,a seller can't ask for more than what is listed for postage.

Although,if you say you've never had a NPB filed against you before then thats bizarre as you wouldn't get suspended for 2 ,are you sure you haven't had any problems before even if it was a year ago perhaps ?

The OP can't neg anyone,she's suspended.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;4658713

Having looked at your bid history, it's two items that have been brought … Having looked at your bid history, it's two items that have been brought from the same seller. So easy to find. How can she be charging you £7 postage, when the lisitng it's self only comes to £6.50 combined?

Oh god, sorry ive got carried away and added an extra 50p, ha ha sorry....it will be £8.00 later lol. I don't know how ive rounded that up to more.

Original Poster

I may of had a strike years and years ago but i thought after a year they didn't count? I can't even remember if I have what it was even for. I don't have Ebay problems usually, I bid then Paypal. Sale complete.

Original Poster

I have to be light hearted about it or it would make me mad. My feedback is excellent, I dont have problems usually. The seller took action against me and I just said I wouldn't pay more than £4.00 when it stated I should get a additional item discount. Then I just cut her dead because she wouldnt come to an agreement so it seems to be that I didnt reply to the complaint by a certain date. Thats the problem.

Banned

it is up ot the seller what discount they offer, you obviously assumed she was going to offer you a better discount than 50p, you really should have asked this before the sale, not dispute it after agreeing to their terms

edit, sorry thought you meant they had knocked 50p off the £7 postage, making it the £6-50

The problem with things like that is the seller "offers" to reduce postage but then backtracks because the item/s didn't sell for much.

Original Poster

deb8z;4659129

The problem with things like that is the seller "offers" to reduce … The problem with things like that is the seller "offers" to reduce postage but then backtracks because the item/s didn't sell for much.

Yes, well I can see their point really. I feel quite rotten now over being mean but if they had been nicer and admitted that they were hopeing for alot more for the items I probably would of agreed and felt silly for being so mean. I used to sell clothes on Ebay but I only used to add about 50p per extra item. I never made as much as I wanted, so gave that up in the end. With postage and ebay fees it was never worth while.

I would just pay, then leave negative feedback

Original Poster

Yes I haven't been given much choice really. Thanks for all your replies.

Banned

tinkerbell28;4658695

That means you have been "selected" yes it is limited :roll:

You mean this?

http://rtm.ebaystatic.com/3/RTMS/Image/UK;OM;EDCO;1112460;1000_Phone_Support2;PHSU;Q218;122x22.gif
contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/…tal
020 8080 2105
Mon - Fri 8.00AM - 9.00PM
Sat & Sun 11.00AM - 5.00PM

I signed out and it was still showing in the top right

Buy more more items from her and give negative feedback.

neale931;4661134

Buy more more items from her and give negative feedback.

Ebay have banned the buyer, she cant buy anything else or leave feedback

I used to know a girl who spent a day arguing back and forth with an eBay seller about a P&P charge. The disputed amount? 50p.

I think it's worth remembering the true value of money. And it's not that much. So chill out.

My fiance bought a costume over halloween, we paid but it was never delivered, because he paid through paypal but never opened an account (silly billy) ebay wouldn't do a thing! said we had to sort it out the the seller... the seller seemed to disappear afterwards... so we where £40 down and had to buy a costume from a shop instead... never used ebay since.

Original Poster

Update:
Ebay have been quite nice about all this really. They looked into the situation today and apparently I had a strike given to me in 1997 for some maternity trousers, I cant even remember about that. So yes Ive got three and suspended. Customer Services also agree that what the seller is saying about that it clearly states every other item being another £1.50 is wrong because she doesn't. They have given me her email address to contact her to ask her to remove the two strikes she gave me. They have made it sound easy but I doubt it will be. We will see later when I get round to emailing her.

ts9658;4666072

Update:Ebay have been quite nice about all this really. They looked into … Update:Ebay have been quite nice about all this really. They looked into the situation today and apparently I had a strike given to me in 1997 for some maternity trousers, I cant even remember about that. So yes Ive got three and suspended. Customer Services also agree that what the seller is saying about that it clearly states every other item being another £1.50 is wrong because she doesn't. They have given me her email address to contact her to ask her to remove the two strikes she gave me. They have made it sound easy but I doubt it will be. We will see later when I get round to emailing her.

Fingers crossed for you
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?89
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188
    3. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…11
    4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831126

See more discussions