Groups
    EXPIRED

Can I have a Sky+ box set on my multiroom extension?

Hi just looking for some quick advice my parents have Sky+ downstairs and i pay for the multiroom for upstairs is it possible to just buy a Sky+ box and swap it for my old standard one with out any extra cost?

Thanks

24 Comments

yes..

you can swap the boxes over yes, but if you want the functionality of sky + you'll need a 2nd feed going to that box

Original Poster

lol thanks simple as that!

yes, the satelite dish has 4 ports sky + takes up 2 so the other 2 could be taken by a sky + or 2 normal boxes all as multiroom

Original Poster

whats the 2nd feed for? does that have to come from the dish?

Original Poster

ok thanks i'll need to look in to it a bit more when I get home not quite as simple as a straight swap

shauneames;4681072

whats the 2nd feed for? does that have to come from the dish?

allows you to record something whilst watching a different programme or record 2 different programmes at the same time

the 2nd feed is what allows you to record one channel while watching another.

shauneames;4681085

ok thanks i'll need to look in to it a bit more when I get home not quite … ok thanks i'll need to look in to it a bit more when I get home not quite as simple as a straight swap

Very simple, just buy a twin cable and replace the existing single cable. Ring sky, tell them you have a sky+ box and thats it, youve got sky plus

You need two feeds so you can watch and record at the same time.

shop.satelliteonline.co.uk/ind…158 cable and fixings that would be needed if you did it yourself.

I have two multiroom boxes that are Sky+.

Original Poster

Thanks for your help much appreciate

I'll try find a twin cable then just need to keep an eye out for a cheap Sky+ box

oh and it doesnt cost anymore?

shauneames;4681153

Thanks for your help much appreciate I'll try find a twin cable then just … Thanks for your help much appreciate I'll try find a twin cable then just need to keep an eye out for a cheap Sky+ boxoh and it doesnt cost anymore?

No, just the £10 multiroom subscription

Original Poster

Excellent thanks very much

shauneames;4681153

Thanks for your help much appreciate I'll try find a twin cable then just … Thanks for your help much appreciate I'll try find a twin cable then just need to keep an eye out for a cheap Sky+ boxoh and it doesnt cost anymore?

Twin or 'Shotgun' cable can be expensive. If you already have a single feed running to your box you can just buy a another single feed and run it alongside. Both my mutiroom boxes have been self installed and I got one from here

simplydigital.co.uk/aca…tml

and the other from here

satbuyer.co.uk/pac…tml

Pace tend to be considered the best Sky+ boxes and ]Satcure is a good source of info as is the AVforums sat section.

I got some info on this the other day. Sky quoted me £100 for a new sky + box but have a look on here or post that your looking for one, I just bought one that was a month old for £45 delivered.

I assume that with a new Sky + HD box as my multi room box and a second LNB feed I will be able tor record without any hassle.

mike4369

I assume that with a new Sky + HD box as my multi room box and a second … I assume that with a new Sky + HD box as my multi room box and a second LNB feed I will be able tor record without any hassle.

Yes, I have sky+ in my kids playroom records fine and saves me having to watching spongebob 24/7

Thanks for the reply - will please the wife as she records a lot but our son tends to hog the main TV.

I have sky + hd box downstairs & multiroom upstairs. I want to be able to record upstairs as well to do this will i have to purchase another sky+ Box?

angpet

I have sky + hd box downstairs & multiroom upstairs. I want to be able … I have sky + hd box downstairs & multiroom upstairs. I want to be able to record upstairs as well to do this will i have to purchase another sky+ Box?

Yes you will.

biddilybah

Yes you will.

Thank you

you have to phone sky so that they can pair your viewing card to your new box it only takes a 5 min call to talk you through it.

Hi, i have just had Sky Multi room installed. Am i able to replace the box with a Sky+ HD box? Will i need a 2nd viewing card?

I have bought a second hand sky+ box for my multi room now i have changed boxes over as the one i bought didnt have wifi so my one downstairs is now upstairs the second hand box has paired with my card but the box with wifi is not pairing with the multiroom card anyone know why ?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Google assistant notification811
    2. cheap glasses websites811
    3. Which android box?49
    4. 2 for 1 at Alton Towers this weekend?67

See more discussions