1. Ask
  2. TV
  3. App
17 Comments

not sure about this tv but my mate has a sony bravia which he installed Kodi on
it may be possible if your tv runs android

Original Poster

jai47

not sure about this tv but my mate has a sony bravia which he installed … not sure about this tv but my mate has a sony bravia which he installed Kodi onit may be possible if your tv runs android

it has an android button on remote but dont do anything lol if anyone could help with apps or even software update be great

Just go into you're settings and look for update that will sort that part for you.
Google says yours is Android based so yeah you can install apps have a look for the play store or app button.

Your TV apparently is an android smart TV so installing apps shouldn't be an issue. Firstly have you signed in via a Gmail account? If not this is likely why the android button does nothing. Installing apps should be easy either from the play store but this sometimes has limitations. To work around that install ES file manager on your phone this will scan for devices like your TV and you can then directly send files from your phone to the TV or if that's to complicated use a USB stick. You must also enable the setting to allow 3rd party software if it is an apk file not from the play store.

Original Poster

stefromuk

Just go into you're settings and look for update that will sort that part … Just go into you're settings and look for update that will sort that part for you.Google says yours is Android based so yeah you can install apps have a look for the play store or app button.

it has android button but press it takes you to digital tv

also in settings their is update but says via usb

Original Poster

benson2266

Your TV apparently is an android smart TV so installing apps shouldn't be … Your TV apparently is an android smart TV so installing apps shouldn't be an issue. Firstly have you signed in via a Gmail account? If not this is likely why the android button does nothing. Installing apps should be easy either from the play store but this sometimes has limitations. To work around that install ES file manager on your phone this will scan for devices like your TV and you can then directly send files from your phone to the TV or if that's to complicated use a USB stick. You must also enable the setting to allow 3rd party software if it is an apk file not from the play store.

see android button but that dose nout also i see apps like bbc iplayer etc thats all no app store

have you setup the wifi yet?
What other buttons do you have on the remote?
in mine it's the "home" button that takes me to the android section

Original Poster

stefromuk

have you setup the wifi yet?What other buttons do you have on the … have you setup the wifi yet?What other buttons do you have on the remote?in mine it's the "home" button that takes me to the android section

had both wifi and ethernet on

remote here

http://i.imgur.com/CGbdikT.jpg

Satdude

it has an android button on remote but dont do anything lol if anyone … it has an android button on remote but dont do anything lol if anyone could help with apps or even software update be great

Note a review on the Tesco product page for this TV:
"...was send wrong remote which was promptly replace by Celo Electronics..."
tesco.com/dir…prd
The Android user manual for this TV and remote control can be viewed here.
TV product page celloelectronics.com/pro…hd/
celloelectronics.com/con…ct/

Satdude

remote here

That remote looks physically different to the one pictured on page 2 of the manual in my previous post. Maybe you too have the incorrect remote?

Original Poster

AndyRoyd

That remote looks physically different to the one pictured on page 2 of … That remote looks physically different to the one pictured on page 2 of the manual in my previous post. Maybe you too have the incorrect remote?

im not 100% sure mate tbh

Original Poster

anyone else know

Satdude

anyone else know

​ Yeah I think Andyroyd is right that remote doesn't look the right one.
did you buy the tv new or from someone.
You should have a button on saying smart

Original Poster

stefromuk

​ Yeah I think Andyroyd is right that remote doesn't look the right o … ​ Yeah I think Andyroyd is right that remote doesn't look the right one.did you buy the tv new or from someone.You should have a button on saying smart

got it new from catalog mate

most smart tv's let you control them with a app on your smart phone.
go onto the App store and search Goodmans remote and try using one of them to open your smart menu.

What does the manual say?

Original Poster

chocci

What does the manual say?

from what i see, not alot
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win free gin for a year99
    2. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines65
    3. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition73816