Can I keep my existing three number in a new three contract?

Found 2nd Mar
I'm currently with THREE sim only (U Mins/ U txts /8GB data) for £12/m

and want to switch to mobilephonesdirect.co.uk cashback offer

again with THREE sim only (U Mins/ U txts / 30GB data) for £12/m for 12 months.

Question is what is the quickest way to move my existing THREE number to new THREE contract with mobilephonesdirect??

Option 1) request THREE PAC, port to another network, request PAC again then port back to THREE

Option 2) convert contract THREE sim to PAYG then migrate to new contract however this will probably take ages due to 30 day minimum terms??

What are the quickest networks to port from and too any suggestions will be greatly appreciated??

Thank you in advance

Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
I'd say option 1 is your best bet.
i did number 1
Phone 3 and see if they can match the deal. If not, go for option 1. I ported from EE to ID mobile in less than 24 hours.
I've just done option one, I ported to Vodafone and then ported back to Three.

It took Vodafone a few days to generate a pac code though as it takes some time to show on there system correctly etc.

On Vodafone you can do the pac code online and select which day you'd like them to change over which is handy.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 2nd Mar
i had similar issue 3-4 days before. they suggest me also to move on payg then move back pay monthly. but later when i ask for pac code and told them i will move some o2 deals, they transfer me to pac code dept and eventually that guy give me a good deal ( at least i think) on rolling contract. i got 8gb unlimited text and min on basic plan £13. plus my contract start this month instead of next month where i save another £30.
Number 2 only leaves you only 24 your gap , way better / easier to do than number 1 as three staff are very helpful with this process . Just ask to turn your sim into payg after your contract has ended and then ask for pac code then done !
hethekid5 h, 17 m ago

Number 2 only leaves you only 24 your gap , way better / easier to do than …Number 2 only leaves you only 24 your gap , way better / easier to do than number 1 as three staff are very helpful with this process . Just ask to turn your sim into payg after your contract has ended and then ask for pac code then done !

You stole my Dominos codes
Original Poster
ndksamb2nd Mar

I'd say option 1 is your best bet.

Hi thanks for your comment, have you done this before? What are the time scales and which intermediate network did you use? Thanks
Original Poster
jonmarz892nd Mar

i did number 1

Hi thanks for your comment, have you done this before? What are the time scales and which intermediate network did you use? Thanks
Original Poster
shabbird2nd Mar

Phone 3 and see if they can match the deal. If not, go for option 1. I …Phone 3 and see if they can match the deal. If not, go for option 1. I ported from EE to ID mobile in less than 24 hours.

Original Poster
.MUFC.2nd Mar

I've just done option one, I ported to Vodafone and then ported back to …I've just done option one, I ported to Vodafone and then ported back to Three.It took Vodafone a few days to generate a pac code though as it takes some time to show on there system correctly etc.On Vodafone you can do the pac code online and select which day you'd like them to change over which is handy.

Kevlar.Engineer10 m ago

Hi thanks for your comment, have you done this before? What are the time …Hi thanks for your comment, have you done this before? What are the time scales and which intermediate network did you use? Thanks

I gave my 30 days notice and got my PAC. I ordered a free PAYG SIM with Vodafone. You can do it online.
It has to be a different network so Virgin is on EE so doesn't work easily. I was hoping to get a good retentions
dealfrom EE but that never came.

The ID mobile deal came just as I was going to transfer to Vodafone. They are on Three network and so signed up and when Sim arrived (4 days later), just created online account and they have option to port number and next day my number was transferred.
They send you a text message all is done. Once you give 30 days notice and get your PAC code. Just be prepared.
Most networks will send free PAYG Sim cards or you can get them from ebay or local phone shop.

Vodafone was free and minimum top up was £5 which you can use for however long you want as long as you make a
call once every 6 months. In the end, I didn't use it and have that sim with me.
Kevlar.Engineer23 m ago

Hi thanks for your comment, have you done this before? What are the time …Hi thanks for your comment, have you done this before? What are the time scales and which intermediate network did you use? Thanks

Hi, I ordered my sim on a Friday, Delivery estimate was Tuesday so scheduled my Three number to be transferred to a Vodafone PAYG on the Tuesday, You can do that online here. As soon as my number was transferred I phoned Vodafone on 191 for my PAC but they couldn't generate it, I assume because I had only just moved over they offered me some free minutes, text or a bit of data for free to get me by. Anyway I phoned them again on Thursday and they managed to generate me a PAC code. I then transferred my number to my new Three sim online after setting up a new Three account with my temp number and it was completed on the Friday. So basically 4 working days.

Three Contract >Vodafone PAYG > New Three Contract 4 days
i did it a week before the 30 days, i used a ee sim and i had problems but just went too ee to sort it out, quite simple
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions