Expired

Can I listen to music via usb connecting through 12v usb charger in car

Banned 12
Found 7th Dec 2014
hi. iv read from the freebies section about the aa giving a usb and they claim the usb will work in a 12v adapter too. I'd like to listen to music through usb so I don't have to buy cds etc or convert them.

Will it work through the adapter?? anyone else who is using the adapter for anything else?

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

12 Comments

Original Poster Banned

I would be using my own usb

Are you asking that if you plug the USB adaptor into the 12v charger in the car that it will then allow you to listen to music? If so no, that will not work. That is purely for charging.

You'll need a different solution to allow you to do that.
Edited by: "ipswich78" 7th Dec 2014

As Ipswich says, the cigarette lighter just provides power, the adapter will let you plug in a usb cable so you can charge your device.

In order to listen to music through your car stereo via sub, you will need a stero with a USB adapter in the head unit.

Original Poster Banned

ipswich78

Are you asking that if you plug the USB adaptor into the 12v charger in … Are you asking that if you plug the USB adaptor into the 12v charger in the car that it will then allow you to listen to music? If so no, that will not work. That is purely for charging.You'll need a different solution to allow you to do that.

then why are AA saying there wifi usb would work in a adapter.

oh well thanks for replying.

sofiasar

then why are AA saying there wifi usb would work in a adapter. oh well … then why are AA saying there wifi usb would work in a adapter. oh well thanks for replying.

Share the link and we'll try to help you understand.

This looks like a 3G modem to give you wifi in car. As previously stated the cigarette lighter only provides power to the device.

paul1005

This looks like a 3G modem to give you wifi in car. As previously stated … This looks like a 3G modem to give you wifi in car. As previously stated the cigarette lighter only provides power to the device.

Exactly that, it takes power from the cigarette lighter and utilising its internal sim card gives you 'Wi-Fi' within the car. So yes, you can stream music from it IF you connect your phone to the Wi-Fi and have a strong enough mobile data connection.

Original Poster Banned

Thanks Ipswich. I will still to my cds lol

Original Poster Banned

*stick*

Is this what you want
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet%C2%AE-In-Car-Universal-Transmitter/dp/B001AIM5ZE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418670595&sr=8-1&keywords=fm+transmitter
plug into anything that has an earphone socket and just tune your radio into it
(just noticed the plug has usb charging port too)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/618qNq0x1LL._SL1500_.jpg

Original Poster Banned

esar

Is this what you … Is this what you wanthttp://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet%C2%AE-In-Car-Universal-Transmitter/dp/B001AIM5ZE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418670595&sr=8-1&keywords=fm+transmitterplug into anything that has an earphone socket and just tune your radio into it(just noticed the plug has usb charging port too)

Not really. I wanted to play music via a usb but thought a adapter from my cig lighter might work but iv been told it's only used for charging .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions